F.A.Q.

How to cancel your iD Mobile plan

• 20 January 2020
  • 48 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re sorry you’re considering leaving us.

There are different ways to cancel depending on whether or not you’re switching to another network provider, and whether or not you want to keep your phone number.

Before you leave, you’ll need to know if you have any charges to pay, and you may need a PAC or STAC code. As of the 1st July 2019, every network is required to give you this information immediately if you ask for it. You can do this via text, the iD Mobile App or your online account.

Below are our most frequently asked questions about how to cancel your iD Mobile plan:

Please note that cancelling your direct debit does not constitute cancelling your plan.

48 replies

I changed the contract and I'm no longer using it

Userlevel 1

Your site is not working when i click on the leave and take my number PAC option 

All i get is "Oops, something's gone wrong. Please log in and try again.."

And thats with all the options 

Please fix your website 

As i need my PAC urgently 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Xcube369,

You can get a PAC by texting “PAC” followed by your date of birth in DDMMYY format to 65075.

Please let us know if you have any issues doing this so we can provide further assistance if required.

Will

I’m trying to cancel the contract/plan and takes me to an ‘sorry cannot find page’ - can someone please contact me!!!

Need to cancel phone contract

Hi, I would like to cancel my daughters phone contract please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi all,

If you have any issues after following the instructions posted above, please contact our Live Chat Team here for further assistance.

Ryan

Most helpful

Want to cancel but won’t let me

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Maerdyboy,

Can you clarify with exactly what’s happening?

What error message do you see?

Mohammed

Hello everyone, can someone help me?  2 years ago I took a subscription phone and never used it, and never got an account.  How do I end the contract?  I do not have Access. My nr XXXXXXX email XXXXXXXXXX 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sebastianjarosz1984,

I’ve deleted your personal info, as it’s not something you want to be posting on a public forum really.

I’ll drop you a Private Message now so that we can assist you with cancelling your account.

Will

Hello Everyone.

Similar to Sebastian above, I opened an ID account in Sept 2018,  for £3.99 per month. Never used it and for such a small amount never bothered to stop it. It was a rolling 30 days SIM only account.  I tried to stop it in March 2020. Made a call to ID Mobile and stopped the direct debit.  The account was not closed and I have been referred to a debt collection agency on 2 occasions in the last 9 months. I have paid the outstanding payments and in November 2020 I managed to contact ID and I thought, solve the problem.

I track my credit rating and I am informed that ID Mobile is still making alterations to my credit file. ( March 2021)

I have no account number or don’t even have a record of my phone number.

With no correspondence from ID - I have no reference to check this or stop this or even contact anyone.

Apart from wait from a potential contact from ID or a debt collection agency I cannot do anything.

Please help if you can.

Hugh

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Hugh 

We will send you a Private Message so we can check to see if your plan has ended or not. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Cancel my contract 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @Cathy20 

You can cancel your plan through the iD App. Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. Please be aware that we need at least 30 day's notice before your contract ends. Feel free to message us if you have any issues.

-Mohsin

Hi,

I began a contract with ID in the Autumn of 2018. After that I got another phone and never remembered to cancel my ID contract. I don’t think I ever registered my online account because the email I used does not work. How am I able to cancel my contract?

Regards,

Will Harwood

Hi I’ve paid up my contract and want to cancel it as I’ve got a new phone and I don’t use this account anymore, I can’t cancel my contract through the app so please could someone tell me on how to do it thank you!

Hi, I have a new SIM from a different provider and want to transfer the number from my ID Mobile account to the new SIM. I obtained the PAC from ID mobile and tried to use the new provider’s software to make the transfer. It didn’t work. So I waited until that PAC had expired and started again. But now (in March) when I attempt to get a new PAC, they keep sending me the old one and tell me that it will expire in February.
What can I do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Will Harwood,

We’ll drop you a Private message now to assist you with your cancellation.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @George097,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get the ball rolling on your cancellation.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @PollKettleOn,

We’ll Private Message you now to ensure you receive a functional PAC code.

Will

hi everyone,

i left id Mobile for another carrier in september 2019, after canceling my account and changing carrier, but IdMobile kept deducting money from my debit card, how can i get a refund?

Hello,

From Sept. 2019 I have a new SIM from another provider and have transferred the number from my Mobile ID account to the new SIM. I called to cancel my Mobile ID contract. I also called customer care to confirm and they told me that everything would be resolved within 24 hours. But now (in March 2021) I have noticed that they are continuing to charge me, so I have blocked the payments, which continue to send me the old one.
What can I do and ask for a refund?

Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @maxp73,

I’ve replied to your own topic posted, I’ve sent you a PM so we can look into this further.

Mohammed