F.A.Q.

Leaving iD Mobile? Don’t cancel your Direct Debit!

• 15 November 2018
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

If you’re on a SIM only or Pay monthly plan and you’re thinking of leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go.

One of the most important tips we can give you when you leave is this: Please don’t cancel your direct debit. Doing this does not cancel your iD Mobile plan.

If you’ve cancelled your Direct Debit before cancelling your plan, by accident or because you tried to update your details, the best thing to do is set it up again before payment is due. An attempted payment on a cancelled Direct Debit could affect your future credit rating, and we really don’t want that to happen.

Already Cancelled your Direct Debit and need to set it back up?

To reinstate your direct debit all you need is a UK bank account. Then, simply:

• Go to My Billing > Manage my Direct Debit
  • Follow the steps on screen

Your monthly Direct Debit payment will be taken on or around 14 days after your bill is issued.

Setting up a new Direct Debit instruction can take up to 10 working days to fully activate on your account. So, if you have a payment due within 10 days, we recommend making a manual payment first, to make sure there’s no disruption to your service. This can also be completed through the iD Mobile App or My Account online.

Need to amend your existing Direct Debit details?

If you want to amend the bank details for your Direct Debit, you just:

• Go to My Billing > Manage my Direct Debit > Manage my details
  • Follow the steps on screen

The cut-off date for making changes to your Direct Debit is five days before it’s due. If you make changes after the cut-off, we recommend making a manual payment to avoid a missed payment.

Need to make a manual payment

The easiest way to pay your monthly bills is to set up a Direct Debit. However, if you’d prefer to make manual card payments, you can do this with a UK credit or debit card in the iD Mobile app, online or using our automated telephone service.

Either

• Go to My Billing > Make a payment
  • Follow the steps on screen and click Submit

or

• Call 7777 from your iD Mobile phone
  • Select option 2 - Payment or billing queries
  • Select option 2 - Make a payment

Once you’ve cancelled your plan, please leave your Direct Debit open. We’ll still need to issue you for your final bill – that includes line rental, any out-of-plan charges incurred up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. You never know, your final bill could show that you’re due a refund. Having your Direct Debit in place will make it much easier to process. Nice!

(For leavers, you’ll find all the info you need on our ‘How do I cancel my iD Plan’ article.)

19 replies

I didn’t want to leave ID Mobile, but trying to get in touch just to get the simplest thing done is almost impossible.  I just wanted to change my monthly plan as the one I was on was no longer good value.  I tried to this online and through the app and both failed.  I tried to get in touch via the chat feature, but only could get to speak to a bot who couldn’t transfer me to a real person.

In frustration I have cancelled my contract and my DD.  I am now getting threats from ID Mobile that they are going to trash my credit rating.  Just so you know I will pay what I owe, but I will avoid your company in the future and suggest others do the same.  Appalling customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @Simski2020,

I’m sorry to hear that. As per the topic, cancelling the Direct Debit won’t cancel the account hence the contact you’d have received to advise otherwise.

I’ll send you a PM so we can help cancel this and advise how much is left to pay.

Mohammed

Mohammed,

I understand that cancelling the DD won’t cancel the contract. I have managed to cancel the contract via the app and have now paid up to date. My point is I didn’t want to cancel but had to as your system doesn’t work (and wouldn’t let me change plans) and your customer service is rubbish. 

I don’t need a lot of support, but I need stuff to work and people to be available (either by chat, email, or phone). As ID Mobile seem to struggle to provide even basic support I’ll have to go elsewhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No problem @Simski2020,

We appreciate the feedback either way. We’ve sent you a PM so if you stil need support just let us know there.

Mohammed

I’d like to cancel my disconnection request. I want to keep my same number however just upgrade to a new sim only contract. The live chat isn’t helping me at all as it doesn’t give me the help I need. 

I’d like to cancel my disconnection request. I want to keep my same number however just upgrade to a new sim only contract. The live chat isn’t helping me at all as it doesn’t give me the help I need. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @RJojo21,

We’ll PM here you right away in order to stop the disconnection in time.

Ryan

Edit: I can see that we have sent you a PM already. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hi, my problem was ultimately sorted. 
Thanks Id Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ross Bennet,

That’s great to hear! Have a nice day.

Ryan

Userlevel 3

I'm going to leave very soon because I'm not able to pay. But the problem isn't really that I'm not able to pay. The problem is that no one KNOWS that I can't pay and no one CARES about it. 

This combination about no one knowing and no one caring about this plus not being able to speak to anyone makes it impossible to carry on and I have to find new network. 

I CANCELLED MY DIRECT DEBIT TO MY PAY MONTHLY PLAN THINKING IT WOULD CANCEL MY DIRECT DEBIT AS IT SUGGESTS HERE ONLINE BUT 6 MONTHS AFTER I RECEIVE 2 THREATENING POSTS FROM id NETWORK AND A DEBT COLLECTOR SAYING I OWE THEM £45 !!! WTFFFFFF

I had to cancel my direct debit because my phone got stolen and i literally couldn’t use or replace this sim anymore because i had never registered it properly in my name! So OBVIOUSLY they can see my from my record that I haven’t used this sim since the second I cancelled my direct debit and for them to keep charging me and now chase and harass me for months of payment that I never used!!! 

I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GET A LAWYER FOR THIS NOW!! I am tired of companies harrassing and taking advantage of their customers!!! I know it is only £45 but I’m sure they’ve hoodwinked and charged so many more people for months this way!! like this after they’ve cancelled their payment and stopped usuage! Keep charging people for a cancelled plan and sim - this is FRAUD! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @user2021 

You’re in the right place to speak to someone at iD Mobile, though I’m terribly sorry that no one caught this message and replied to you sooner than I have just now.

Had you lost your job or something due to Covid-19?

If you could give us a brief breakdown of the circumstances as they are right now (without going into any personal detail).  We may be able to help if we know a little more here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @tom_riddle 

Ideally if you had ever registered the iD Mobile account in future, there are means within the My Account area for you to report a phone/ SIM as lost within there, among a plethora of other account-related things you can manage.

Mentioning that in hindsight gets us nowhere though.

With all mobile networks you would continue to be provided with a service to your SIM and be billed for that until you notify the network otherwise that you wish for things to be brought to an end.

It would only ever be if 3 months of bills back to back went unpaid without any contact from a customer in which you would be automatically be cut off (due to non-payment).  You would remain liable of those bills due to the service provided still to that disconnection date too.

If you need to speak to someone at iD Mobile then our Live Chat Team on our website (here) -or- posting on here as you have now done would be all you need to do to get in touch for any help.

If your iD Mobile account is still active and you want that bringing to an end we will send you a private message here now so that we can assist with that and prevent bills from continuing to come in if the account is not yet disconnected.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

I don’t understand. In what other ways can one who’s on a monthly plan(mind you I am not in a fixed contract-it is a monthly direct debit plan only which I can cancel anytime) cancel their direct debit other than by cancelling their direct debit? I only set up this direct debit so I wouldn’t have to keep topping up every month. I never signed a contract for this, which was the main reason for me to start this plan so I could stop at any time I want.

My phone got stolen in a burglary that I experienced in September, the police report number for this is 43200279284, please feel free to follow up and verify on this with the police, who will be happy to report the time in which this took place. I only ended up cancelling my direct debit around October I believe or even November - you will also be able to see evidence of this on my phone as you will find there is zero activity on my sim since the burglary. Since, I  couldn’t access my phone or my sim card(I tried your customer service PLENTY TIMES but it was useless) I eventually decided to cancel this sim so I cancelled my direct debit payment as I realised this was the only way I could cancel it. I tried to contact your customer service plenty of times for this but either I could never get hold of anyone or the operator wouldn’t access my account as I couldn’t answer the right security questions everytime for this! So I did what I thought was the only way to cancel this sim which I hadn’t used for a few months!

Since, I finally have you here - can you tell me, please, what I can do to cancel receiving these threatening letters of payment for services that weren’t used by me. Would appreciate it.

Hi @tom_riddle 

Ideally if you had ever registered the iD Mobile account in future, there are means within the My Account area for you to report a phone/ SIM as lost within there, among a plethora of other account-related things you can manage.

I am sorry but I could not access my ID Mobile account as I dont have a user login set up for it yet! It used to let me access my ID Mobile account automatically in the ID Mobile App on the phone that got stolen-hence, why I couldn’t access this sim/account since. 

Userlevel 3

If you need to speak to someone at iD Mobile then our Live Chat Team on our website (here) -or- posting on here as you have now done would be all you need to do to get in touch for any help.

Live chat doesn't work and never worked. 

Connecting

End conversation

Info at 13:22, Dec 19:

Thank you for choosing to chat with us.

Info at 13:24, Dec 19:

All our agents are busy helping other customers. Your estimated waiting time is 0 minutes and 10 seconds. Thanks for your patience.

Info at 13:26, Dec 19:

All our agents are busy helping other customers. Your estimated waiting time is 0 minutes and 10 seconds. Thanks for your patience.

Info at 13:28, Dec 19:

Info at 13:30, Dec 19:

Info at 13:32, Dec 19:

Info at 13:34, Dec 19:

Info at 13:36, Dec 19:

Info at 13:38, Dec 19:

Info at 13:40, Dec 19:

Info at 13:42, Dec 19:

Info at 13:44, Dec 19:

Info at 13:46, Dec 19:

Info at 13:48, Dec 19:

Info at 13:50, Dec 19:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @user2021,

Did you try calling the number you were provided with to submit a payment?

Will

Userlevel 3

Hi @Will , would you know what is the point of ID MOBILE having private messages enabled on Twitter if no one is reading them? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @user2021,

I believe it’s so that an automated message diverting customers here can be put in place. 

Will