F.A.Q.

Does cancelling my Direct Debit cancel my plan?

• 15 November 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

If you’re on a SIM only or Pay monthly plan and you’re thinking of leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go.

One of the most important tips we can give you when you leave is this: Please don’t cancel your direct debit. Doing this does not cancel your iD Mobile plan.

If you’ve cancelled your Direct Debit before cancelling your plan, by accident or because you tried to update your details, the best thing to do is set it up again before payment is due. An attempted payment on a cancelled Direct Debit could affect your future credit rating, and we really don’t want that to happen.

Already Cancelled your Direct Debit and need to set it back up?

To reinstate your direct debit all you need is a UK bank account. Then, simply:

• Go to My Billing > Manage my Direct Debit
  • Follow the steps on screen

Your monthly Direct Debit payment will be taken on or around 14 days after your bill is issued.

Setting up a new Direct Debit instruction can take up to 10 working days to fully activate on your account. So, if you have a payment due within 10 days, we recommend making a manual payment first, to make sure there’s no disruption to your service. This can also be completed through the iD Mobile App or My Account online.

Need to amend your existing Direct Debit details?

If you want to amend the bank details for your Direct Debit, you just:

• Go to My Billing > Manage my Direct Debit > Manage my details
  • Follow the steps on screen

The cut-off date for making changes to your Direct Debit is five days before it’s due. If you make changes after the cut-off, we recommend making a manual payment to avoid a missed payment.

Need to make a manual payment

The easiest way to pay your monthly bills is to set up a Direct Debit. However, if you’d prefer to make manual card payments, you can do this with a UK credit or debit card in the iD Mobile app, online or using our automated telephone service.

Either

• Go to My Billing > Make a payment
  • Follow the steps on screen and click Submit

or

• Call 7777 from your iD Mobile phone
  • Select option 2 - Payment or billing queries
  • Select option 2 - Make a payment

Once you’ve cancelled your plan, please leave your Direct Debit open. We’ll still need to issue you for your final bill – that includes line rental, any out-of-plan charges incurred up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. You never know, your final bill could show that you’re due a refund. Having your Direct Debit in place will make it much easier to process. Nice!

(For leavers, you’ll find all the info you need on our ‘How do I cancel my iD Mobile plan?’ article.)

This topic has been closed for comments
Why iD Mobile?