Question

Account cancellation

• 7 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My ID mobile no is 07453356312. My contract came up for renewal in Mar 2020. I logged on to your site in 6th Apr 20 and paid the outstanding balance of £19.46 and clicked the Cancellation button on the site. It confirmed to me that the contract is now cancelled. I then again got a letter asking to pay an outstanding amount of £0.92 which I paid on 12th May 2020. Again I went to the cancellation page and clicked cancel and it showed everything as cancelled. Today I got a call from a credit recovery agency asking to pay outstanding amount of £19 which I was told is due to 30 days notification of cancellation. 

1. I wasnt aware of this at all?
  2. When I cancelled on your site I wasnt told to pay any notice amount?
  3. Without even talking to the customer you have passed detailed to a recovery agent which is now going to impact my credit history.
  4. During COVID, there was no way of reaching out to you other than via the online site which I did.

I am highly dissapointed by this apalling level of customer service you have demonstrated and am going to raise a complaint both with the ombudsman and wider media to ensure no one has to go through this kind of unfair treatment again!!

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @amiteshm31 

Welcome to the iD Community.

So sorry for the troubles you’ve had to face.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into this issue for you and also log a complaint .

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1

There is no live chat button I can see. Why are you making it so difficult to anyone to contact you and talk to a human? Anyways I have send an email to your CEO for a complaint. I hope someone ets back to me. 

This company is a joke. They make it hard to cancel, encourage you to keep your direct debit open - and threaten you with credit ratings downgrades if you try and do anything about it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @amiteshm31, as advised, the Live Chat option will only appear when an agent is available, so you may need to wait a while. We do apologise.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?