Solved

Awaiting refund for upfront phone charge following cancelled order

• 20 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I bought a pay monthly phone contract from you in late November. This included an upfront charge for the phone. I cancelled this contract on December 16th, within the 30 day cancellation period.

My contract has been cancelled, my phone number moved to a different provider via a PAC code, and my ID account seems to have been terminated (I am unable to log in).

I still have not received a refund for the upfront cost of the phone. I have twice contacted customer services, twice been apologised to, and twice been told that the refund has been issued, given a refund reference number and been told that i would receive the refund within 3-5 working days.

Neither of these contacts with customer service, which i have kept the chat logs for, have led to me receiving a refund. Both times i spent over an hour in an online chat, trying to have a conversation that would’ve taken 5 minutes to complete on the phone. I now find myself typing on a public forum to try to rectify this issue, which is utterly absurd.

Please can somebody contact me to get this resolved. It has been over a month since i returned the phone. I will follow up with the bank if ID cannot solve this.

I have two refund reference numbers which i can provide, along with all of my account details and order details.

Thank you, Jon.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 January 2021, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jw11,

Really sorry to hear you’ve not had a refund on the upfront cost from an order cancelled in December.

I’ll PM you so we can take a look at this further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?