Solved

Bereavement

• 12 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My father sadly passed away on the 29th October 2020. He had a sim only contract with ID mobile which I would like to cancel.  I have a copy of the death certificate.

Also, my father also had another sim only contract with ID mobile which was also in his name but was for my mother. I would like to continue with the contract but would like to change the account in my mothers name and also amend the direct debit details in her name. Please can you advise how best to proceed with this.

Kind Regards

Ibrahim 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 16 November 2020, 21:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

First and foremost @solly58 we offer our sincerest condolences to your family in this time.

We’ll send a private message to you here now with instructions on how we can get that Death Certificate to close the account in question you mentioned.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Regarding the other account though, to the best of my knowledge a name change isn’t something we can help with on any accounts due to credit checks being linked to the named account holder at the time an account is first created.

Technically speaking you could get a PAC (code) for your mothers account and move the number to a Pay As You Go SIM (with another network entirely).  Then, move that number over to a new SIM-only account in her own name that she purchased from us?

Regarding changing the Direct Debit.  If you have the account your mother uses registered (or if you go ahead and register that here), you will be able to amend the Direct Debit details as you like as well as have access to plenty of other account related controls from within our iD Mobile App or our website.

Why iD Mobile?