Solved

Best way to trial ID mobile to check signal strength

• 8 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I'm currently with EE and live in a remote area and only get signal through 4g calling. I'm thinking of switching to ID mobile but I'd like to test the signal strength first with an ID mobile sim (the coverage checker tool for ID mobile like EEs isn't granualar enough to know for sure)

What's the best/cheapest way to trial ID mobile to check the signal strength with my iPhone?  Do I get the Pay monthly sim i want and then if the signal is good I'll keep it and if it's not can I cancel it for a refund?  Or should I get a Payg sim and top up a small amount to test?  Although I suspect the minimum top up is £10 and probably not refundable.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 December 2019, 13:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @G4vin,

My recommendation personally is to get a PAYG SIM as this does not require any credit checks thus will not harm your credit report.

You can get a PAYG SIM with a bundle appropriate to you. £5.00, £10.00 or £15.00.

You can then full test the service and if you’re unhappy, simply stop using it and it’ll automatically disconnect the services after 4-months of no usage.

Since it’s PAYG, you won't be charged anything besides your bundle at purchase (unless you manually topped up the SIM yourself).

You would not get a refund of any credit/bundle purchased.

If you’re happy with the service, you can simply purchase a Pay-monthly SIM or handset plan as required and get a PAC code from EE then port your number over to the new contract.

You’d still have 30-days returns on a contract you purchased from us directly or 14-days if you purchased via Carphone Warehouse.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?