Solved

Can't log in to cancel my account

• 17 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I got a monthly SIM for an old “emergency” phone but could not set it up, probably faulty phone. I cancelled the Direct Debit and now have a message that this has not cancelled my contract and may affect my credit rating. I can’t remember my password and the “forgotten password” screen rejects my email address. I cannot use “forgotten email or username” because that needs to send a text to my phone which is not working. How do I get into my account to cancel it?  Advice very welcome!

icon

Best answer by The Source 17 June 2020, 16:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @LornaCox 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I have a similar problem.  I have a data sim that I used in my laptop.  The laptop has now broken and I’m left with a sim card I can’t use.  I’m unable to access my account because I can’t remember my user name (it rejects my email address).  All the usual attempts to regain the user name involves sending a 8 digit code to the sim - which I can’t use.  I’ve tried swapping the sim into my mobile but it’s locked to a particular network so rejects it.  Can anyone help please?

UPDATE :  I contacted Live chat and after the relevant security check they were able to pass me the code I needed.  all sorted 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @The Source,

Sorry to hear you had issues but I’m pleased to hear that it’s now been sorted for you.

Mohammed

Yes the team very kindly sorted my problem out despite being locked down/out, and as far as I know it is all resolved. I am really grateful for that.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @LornaCox 

Glad to hear.

Thanks for letting us know.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?