Solved

Cancel number port request before my old contract gets cancelled

• 30 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I bought a sim only deal online and did a PAC request before I received the sim card in the post. Now the SIM has arrived and I have no network coverage in the house. I would like to cancel the PAC request and my contract before my original contract gets cancelled from my original provider. If I can't cancel the PAC request I won't be able to get back on my existing contract.

icon

Best answer by Will 1 August 2020, 16:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ll drop you a Private Message now @Phone78910 so we can cancel the porting process for you.

Will

I have contacted Tesco as I was able to call them straight away and speak to them on the phone. They said I need to contact ID mobile. Also if it says on my ID mobile account app to contact customer support to cancel the request, I don't understand why ID mobile are unable to action this!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Have you tried asking Tesco to cancel the PAC from their side if it hasn’t gone through yet @Phone78910?

Will

I had already given you the PAC code. In my account it says that the number will be transferred on 3rd August unless I contact customer service. I have contacted them but the app still says the number will be transferred

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

OK @Phone78910 , so as long as you haven’t given us the PAC code yet, and don’t use it, you’ll keep your plan with Tesco on your desired number.

Unless you have already given us the PAC, in which case, let us know right away so that we can Private Message you.

Will

The PAC code is from Tesco mobile (the old deal) the new one is ID mobile.

I want to go back to Tesco and don't want to lose this number or the contract.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Phone78910. 

Is the PAC code from us? As in, are both your old deal and new deal from iD Mobile?

Will

Why iD Mobile?