Question

cancel sim card without registering account

I want to cancel my SIM only contract. I have never used it and never registered an account and don’t want to keep the number.

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @gills63 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Aklima 

Hi, I want to cancel my SIM only contract. I think that I have never registered an account and don’t want to keep the number.

I’m the same. I’m trying to cancel my sim only contract, I don’t have access to my idmobile account, therefore I can’t cancel throught the app or get the 4 pin customer support code and cancel it through the automated calls. I have not made an idmobile account in my name, and it does not allow me to register/login. Please can I have some assistance.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @JMontero, have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

You’ll never get through to anyone via phone or live chat, and you’ll get no help here either (they point everyone to live chat which is either never available or when it does show as available it will not work - it’ll say no agents available).

Your best option is probably to complain, or get an ombudsman involved. If enough of us take action, they will be brought to task. I’m still trying to cancel my account too. Just look at all the negative experiences on these forums. Companies like this should not be allowed to operate!

See here for complaints: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/complaints-procedure#:~:text=Email,and%20your%20iD%20Mobile%20number.

Userlevel 1

Btw, I should say, even if you did know your customer services pin code (I have mine), you wouldn’t get anywhere with the automated telephone service as it literally hangs up the call when you choose to leave ID mobile! Not even kidding.

Thank you CJB, very helpfull, Live chat is a JOKE, I have already open a complaint and I will cancel Direct Debit ASAP.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @CJB & @JMontero,

Our Call centres are currently closed so you won’t be able to process a disconnection there.

We can help if you still wanted to cancel the account?

Cancelling the Direct Debit won’t cancel the account and you’ll still be liable for payments.

If you still need support with cancelling, we’ll get someone to PM you.

Mohammed

Need to cancel a sim contract that has never  been used or registered. Made many attempts to do this without success. Been sent a nasty letter to recover a cost.  Can't seem to speak to an advisor and can't get any joy from website. This is all stressful and now very worried. Pls pls can someone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pamela Lawrence,

We’ll send you a PM so we can help you with getting this cancelled.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?