Solved

Cancellation of unused SIM

• 24 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi I ordered a monthly sim in April but never used it and subsequently threw it away. Paid the first month direct debit but then cancelled. Have been unable to contact id to cancel the sim. I have now received a letter threatening legal action if I don't pay. Can you please advise? Find it so disappointing and has made me think about cancelling my other 4 contracts with id. 

icon

Best answer by Rory 25 June 2020, 13:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @AJ1981, sorry to hear about this. Your SIM is activated and the contract begins the moment the SIM leaves our warehouse, so simply not using it or throwing it away means you’ll still be charged. 

In order to disconnect the line, you can contact our Live Chat team.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Tried this Rory, keeps saying no one available then throwing me off. Just says try again later.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AJ1981,

I am sorry to hear that, the team are often available but on very rare occasions they may not allow new chats for a very small period of time. Please try and refresh the page or clearing cookies.

Please let us know if you still haven’t got through to them after trying the above.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?