Solved

Cancelling due poor coverage and speed

• 10 October 2020
  • 9 replies

We want to cancel our SIM only contracts dated 1 October as we have poor coverage and speed.  We have followed your website instructions from the emails you sent, which tell us to “Live Chat”.  However when we click “Live Chat” it does not work – we have been trying for last 4 days.  Colin and Anne

icon

Best answer by Rory 31 October 2020, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Landfall, I’ve edited your post to remove personal information. Please do not include any details that could be used to personally identify you here on the public forum. For security purposes, we need to keep all correspondence to the private message function here on the Community. You’ll still be able to access this feature without the SIM. Can you please follow this up with us via the private message feature? As the last message we received from you there was 16 days ago.

Please note: if the other number is in somebody else’s name, we’d need to speak to them directly.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Landfall,

The PMs are not a Live Chat service.

You’ll get a notification when we’ve replied, however, please allow up to 48-hours for a response.

We hope we can resolve this via PM soon.

Mohammed

This is no way to run a business!  Yesterday I received a PM to which I responded confirming names, address, mobile number and d.o.b. as requested.  This morning 0945 I received an email with a new PM which I responded confirming my name to Will as requested. Since then I have heard nothing from you. I have sent 2 reminders on the chat, but still nothing heard.  I am very frustrated. Obviously I cannot sit watching the chat screen all the time, waiting for you. :frowning2:

I have tried to send a PM by replying to your PM of 15 Oct.  Of course your number is not shown on your incoming message, so my attempted reply was ”not delivered”.  Please send a number I can send the PM to.  Use the same number you sent the PM of 15 Oct.

I must say I find this communication “system” extremely frustrating compared to that of other service providers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

HI @Landfall, the PM system is completely independent and does not use any phone numbers. I can see that you’ve managed to reply to us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

If you’re struggling to find your PMs in future, you simply need to visit the Community here, and tap your icon in the top right corner. Then just select ‘Private messages’.

Thank you,

Rory

Maybe you only cancelled one of our contracts?  On 15 October I got a PM from you saying “sorry to see you go”, but without reference to a contract number.  We assumed that both contracts had been cancelled.   On 18 October we received an email addressed to my wife “Dear Anne” “We're sorry to see you go. Just to let you know that your final bill is now ready.”  (My wife and I have the same email address.)  When I click the link on the email it goes to my (Colin) account, and I see a “last bill” for £6.16.  We did not expect any bills.  

I repeat my (Colin) contract number [EDIT] and mobile number was [EDIT], and my wife’s (Anne) contract number [EDIT] and mobile number was [EDIT]. 

Please confirm they are both cancelled!

Forgot to mention we are no longer using the SIMs, so cannot receive PMs on iDMobile numbers. Please communicate here or by email.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Landfall,

We are very sorry to hear about your coverage issues. We will issue you with a PM now to help you return those orders.

Ryan

I have not received any PM.  I have one SIM in my phone.  I never bothered to install my wife’s SIM because of the poor coverage.  My contract number 113494010, and my wife’s 113493650.

Why iD Mobile?