Question

Cancelling old contract - unknown number

• 10 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I find myself in a rather odd situation…

A long time ago, I signed up for an ID contract, and gifted the phone to one of our children. As they’ve grown older, they’ve changed phones & contracts, and not taken their number with them.

I noticed recently that ID mobile are still taking monthly payments from me for the contract - so it was clearly never cancelled. I have stopped the direct debit (I’m aware this doesn’t stop the contract, and ID will still be legally entitled to their money every month until cancellation happens).

So, off I go to try sign in, but I’ve no clue what the password was on the account, so I try to reset the password. No joy there, as it requires the phone number associated to the account.

Several ID pages say to call the call centre to help with issues, but other pages say the call centre is closed (understandably so) because of the current Covid-19 situation.

In order to help the ID employees reading this, the account was linked to the email address I’ve linked this community account to, I was being billed £15/month until this month, where today I’ve received the “cancelling your direct debit doesn’t cancel your account” email.  You’ll probably see that the account has had absolutely no activity on it (calls/sms/data) for years. I completely understand that the contract will have to be cancelled as per it’s terms, and once I get access to the account online, I will re-instate the direct debit & cancel properly.

Kind regards...

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @officiallyinsane 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Aklima 

Resolved by Live Chat.

The account was identified easier than I expected, security passed & the direct debit has been re-instated to allow the account to close properly.

Many thanks.

I have the same problem  - could anyone tell me the solution plrase

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Busahale 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Please contact our Live Chat team who are able to look into your account .

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

I have been paying for 18 months for a phone i do not have - they will not give me my money back - I don't know much about phones - it's all too much for me - help me please 

They asked me to register on an app - but that sendsan 8 digit code to me - but I do not have the phone to see it - that is stupid 

Help me

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Busahale 

Not to worry.

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via PM shortly.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?