Question

Cancelling plan inside 30 day period during covid pandemic

I Purchased a sim only deal at the weekend however the sim is not compatible with the phone so I need to cancel.  I have looked on website which directs me to chat which is not working?  Please advise current cancellation process during Covid pandemic

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @MelC 

Welcome to iD Community.

If you want to end your iD Mobile plan, there are a few options available, here they are:

Are you moving to another network?

If you want to take your number to another network you can do this by getting your PAC, if you want to leave and not take your number with you, you can get a STAC. Both of these methods will immediately terminate your iD Mobile plan once you move to a new provider.

Move and take your mobile number using a PAC:

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to another provider simply:

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

It’s totally free, and you will receive a text with your PAC number within a minute, it also will also include important information about any early termination charges (if any).

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to your new network.

Move and don’t take your mobile number using a STAC:

If you don’t need to keep your number and want move to another provider simply:

Text STAC DDMMYY to 75075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your STAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

Again, it’s totally free and you’ll receive a text with your STAC number within a minute, it will also include important information about any early termination charges.

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to you new network.

Not moving to another network?

If you’re not moving to another network, and just want to end your iD Mobile plan, you can do this on the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Please note that if you choose to end your plan they way, you will be subject to a 30-day disconnection period.

To disconnect your plan, without a PAC or STAC, simply:

• Go to the ‘My Account’ Page
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘Thinking of leaving’
  • Select ‘End your iD Mobile plan’ and follow the instructions

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Pearl

OFCOM say NOTICE PERIOD charges are now banned
so why are you holding people to 30 days notice?
See this page please.
»>
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/end-it-with-a-text-mobile-switching

Why iD Mobile?