Solved

Cannot log in details have been hacked - Want to close account but can't talk to anyone at ID Since March

• 24 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi

Back in March my log in details for my account stopped working, we thought we had forgotten them but it seems more like they have been hacked.  With no support from ID available at all I cancelled my direct debit to be safe in case we were hacked.

I have since had two threatening letters but the number on the letters to talk to you about it is out of action :rage: .  I then noticed my credit score was decreased.  I tried to get in touch with ID via Facebook but they just said try here (again).

Eventually I paid the ten pounds thinking that would be the end of it but I have since received a new invoice.  This is going to go full circle again.  How do I get this account cancelled when Myaccount wont work as I’m hacked there isn’t anyone I can talk to??

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 12:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Louisetu 

What made you think you had been hacked?  Have you had to report something to Action Fraud regarding identity theft?

Had you spoken to any of our Customer Services regarding disconnecting your iD Mobile service?  We’ve been available through here and Live Chat even throughout the lockdown this year.

Hi Kevin

Because the log in password would not work, forgot my password didn’t work because the date of birth was saying incorrect nothing at all to get access to the account would work it can only be because someone else is using the details.

No I didn’t report to action fraud as if it was hacked all the hackers have is access to the ID account not our bank account or anything.

I was unable to speak to customer services from the outset and still can’t (even as much as 2 weeks ago) by telephone.  I would just get a recorded message that I should use My Account. 

No.  Live chat did not work at all for a good few weeks at the very least.  There was a message that said it was not available and I had to use community instead and then when live chat finally came back online it has been impossible to get through.  I have seen many other customers say the same. 

So I did ask on here and was directed to live chat - which still wasn’t answering!!  I asked on Facebook and got directed to here.  Not one single ID person has said “Let me help”.

Therefore with no realistic option to sort it out and lack of service I had to cancel my direct debit.  I consider that date the date I cancelled my contract with ID.  

The phone number on the threatening letters I later received did not work at first and when it did the second time it wouldn’t let me physically talk to anyone, it only let me pay the balance with an automated process.  So I still could not talk to anyone and sort out any of the actual problems.

I paid the balance and heard nothing for a month.  I thought it was over and then an email again saying I owe £10.  As far as I am concerned the account is closed.

What do I have to do???

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Louisetu, sorry to hear about this. Doesn’t sound like the best experience. I’ve just dropped you a private message so we’ll take it from there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?