Solved

Charged for a SIM that doesn't work

• 4 December 2020
  • 3 replies

1. ID have been taking £10 p/m since 2017, but the service has NEVER ONCE WORKED. Can I have a refund?
  2. I believed I was on a rolling contract, however I cancelled my direct debit and have been told about a 30 day policy. When did this change?
  3. I can’t register an account, because the ID mobile number provided in the welcome email is not on the device as it is a data only package. How many others have experienced this? Surely it known by ID and they are therefore pushing a product they know to be defective?
  4. I cannot speak to a human or a system which can fix this. Please tell me there is someone in this community that can help me escape these rip-off merchants? 
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 12 December 2020, 12:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Get me out of here,

Did you contact us to notify us that the SIM did not work?

Our SIM-only plans are a rolling monthly contract and cancellations are done by providing 30-days notice, this has always been the case.

Cancelling your Direct Debit wouldn’t cancel the contract.

We’ll get a PM sent over to you so we can help with cancelling this.

Mohammed

Did you contact us to notify us that the SIM did not work?

I was paying the bills. The sim was in a device I didn’t control

Our SIM-only plans are a rolling monthly contract and cancellations are done by providing 30-days notice, this has always been the case.

Well wouldn’t it be great if I could actually create an account.

Cancelling your Direct Debit wouldn’t cancel the contract.

Taking a payment for defective product is underhanded, deceitful and breaks the obligations of the consumer rights act;

“Goods must be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose”

We’ll get a PM sent over to you so we can help with cancelling this.

Thank you for the PM. I am super excited about having nothing more to do with ID mobile and sharing my experience at every opportunity to anyone who will listen

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Get me out of here 

I can see that we have now arranged a disconnection for you.

If you do require any further help, please reply directly to the private messgae.

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?