Solved

credit dafult unlawfully registered

• 23 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I have only today found out a mortgage application is being declined because ID Mobile have placed a default of £10 against my credit rating. When I cancelled the plan i was informed that there was nothing left to pay. 

I was contacted by a debt collection agency months after cancelling the plan. I disputed the debt and provided evidence of ID confirming that there was nothing left to pay. Following this the credit agency confirmed no further action was being taken. 

A year later i am finding out that this has been lodged against my credit rating and is preventing me from i buying a home. I have raised a complaint with ID and have been told I have to wait 3 days for someone to get back to me (which means I will potentially loose the house I have put an offer on). I have tried calling ID but there call centers don’t work. I have tried emailing ID and the response time is 5 working days. I cant believe that ID have done this without informing me.

This has been devastating in terms of our ability to get our first home (which should have been a happy occasion)

icon

Best answer by Ryan 25 September 2020, 15:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Shani369,

I can see that our Support Team has messaged you regarding this on another thread and they have issued you with a private message so please check your PMs and we can continue support. Thanks.

Ryan

Hi my name younus

I bought a  phone online sales .they was told   

Simone glusy 4 but when I open box find small phone .I return car phone where house store .

I was change address now I find out my credit history defult.

I need talk about

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Younus 

If you made a purchase from Carphone Warehouse originally, but did a return.

Yet after returning you have still had a bill for something.  Then you will need to contact Carphone Warehouse directly to have them look at that for you.

If they have done something wrong with that Return Request, then they’ll be able to have the credit file fixed for you.   Carphone Warehouse Contact Options

It would only be through a direct purchase of ourselves that we’d be able to validate some sort of return related issue.

I am trying to disputed the file against me on my credit profile and can provide evidence of ID confirming that there was nothing left to pay and my credit score would not be affected. Following this the credit agency confirmed no further action was being taken.  

A year later i am finding out that this has been lodged against my credit rating and is preventing me from i buying a home. I haven’t raised a complaint with ID because I don’t have my old number and have been also I have tried calling ID but there call centers don’t work. I have tried emailing ID and the response time is 5 working days and still haven’t got a response it’s been week. I cant believe that ID have done and ID mobile needs to remove all data against me as it’s been 6 years now and regardless shouldn’t be there anyway due to me never missing a payment only leaving because I no longer wanted a contract with them? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @lukefairhall12345 

We are sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience caused. We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this on our end. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Hi everyone 

I I need help with the default account as you all know the interest rates have gone up and I'm looking to verify mortgage but this I've got a default on my credit file for 19 pound which was settled back in 2021 But it's still causing me issues um regarding getting a good mortgage deal um this caused me a lot of stress I've just wondering if anybody out there knows how to resolve this issue I have been touched by the customer service a few time but it's just going backwards and forwards been with no solution So just wondering if anybody else had the similar problem and has found some sort of solution to get this removed from their credit file

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @abbasr1 

Has the account been settled and paid?

Marks such as this may last a while, even if settled and paid, it’d still show on your credit file.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?