Question

ending a contract/ shocking customer service

Userlevel 1

I have now had 2 live chats with members of your staff today. I want to cancel a contract that ends at the end of this month. On both occasions, the chat ended due to being timed out and obviously no-one is going to get back in touch.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Pedros72 

Welcome to iD Community.

Apologies about the chat being timed-out and sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

Please click on how to cancel , it has everything you need to cancel your account.

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is - After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close, and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open! 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Hi, the way my morning has gone trying to liaise with i.D, I've no idea if someone will see this. 

My grievance with you now is after all the messing about your company is putting me through, you still want to wring out the last £5 or so from me just because 30 days notice from today takes me past the contract end date.  To rub salt in the wounds, I've received an email from yourselves today advising me that "the contract is ending soon and here are my options". This is obviously another way to make sure you get  some 'extra revenue' from a departing customer as this is sent within 30 days.

Please arrange for the cancellation of my contract, I will leave the DD open for 14 days after the end date so you can get your last few quid. I'd also appreciate it if you fed this information back to any managers that may be around and I'd also suggest they have a look at all the complaints on the community forum.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Pedros72 

So sorry about how you feel and thank you for your patience.

I will surely feed this information back to our managers. You can always

Unfortunately, i cannot request to end your contract from this public platform.

Have you tried ending your plan via My Account Online or ID Mobile App , its simple 

• Go to the ‘My Account’ Page from ‘My dashboard’
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘Thinking of leaving’
  • Select ‘Start Switching Now’ select ‘End your iD mobile plan’ and select ‘End your Plan’.

This should end your plan with a 30 day notice period.

I’ve also send you a direct message.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

I tried ending my plan via Myaccount online yesterday. When you follow the instructions, you end up being redirected to a webpage that is under construction. 

Again, awfully shocking performance from your company.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Pedros72 

Sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you.

Are you doing this on the ‘App’ or ‘My Account’ online?

Alternatively you can always contact our  Live Chat team who can help with this as we are unable to go into your account via the public platform.   

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’.

If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Please read the very first comment I've made on this thread. I've had 2 live chats today with members of your staff. Both of them were disconnected by yourselves as they timed out whilst I was in the middle of the chats. I appreciate you're working on reduced staff due to the current pandemic, I'm trying to do these chats/send messages whilst out in my ambulance for the day.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Pedros72 

Sorry about the wait and thanks for your patience.

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via PM shortly.

Pearl

I already cancelled my  contract  last month but why do I have to pay again  this June. You already charged me twice last month  and why my contract  is still on

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @amygerod, we require 30 days’ notice to disconnect a line, so when you submit a cancellation request, you’ll be billed for the following month too. If you’re querying a bill, you’ll need to speak to our Live Chat team.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

I have now had 2 live chats with members of your staff today. I want to cancel a contract that ends at the end of this month. On both occasions, the chat ended due to being timed out and obviously no-one is going to get back in touch.

The same thing happened to me! The customer service is shocking. I want out and don’t know which way is best?’

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mama73 

We’ve replied elsewhere to your other topic and sent you a Private Message to assist with any issues.

If you check your messages and get back to us their we’ll be able to help with anything you need.

Why iD Mobile?