Solved

Fraudulent Account

• 16 January 2021
  • 13 replies

I have just received a letter from id-mobile saying my direct debit is set up. This is a fraudulent transaction as we have not set this account up. Bank account details are correct. Please contact me urgently to resolve this.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Michelle 25 January 2021, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie Fitz 

We are sorry to hear this. We will send you a Private Message to help with this.

-Mohsin

Hi I have just received a letter in my name re an ID Mobile account i didnt open.  received an invoice and a direct debit form

same as the thread above i have copied it as it is exactly the same 

i too need this resolved urgently please

“I have just received a letter from id-mobile saying my direct debit is set up. This is a fraudulent transaction as we have not set this account up. Bank account details are correct. Please contact me urgently to resolve this.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @maged 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and start an investigation with our Fraud Team.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

I have also received a previous letter with fraudulent use of my personal details. I logged all the details with your fraud dept with the Action Fraud log number. I have received another final demand letter today. Please confirm that this has been resolved and my details are not linked to this fraudulent account. 

Can someone clarify if I need to take any further action please ? Urgent. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Lillie, sorry we didn’t get back to you hear sooner.

Generally speaking, it would be 30-35 days or so later from when you report the details of a fraud that you would receive paperwork in the post to confirm everything has been taken care of.

Any billing letters or final demands in the meantime, simply ignore.  That will all be eradicated and removed from your credit score once things are resolved.

The police informed me that I was a victim of identity theft in 2015. A phone contract had been fraudulently taken out using my personal details. The police categorically established in 2015 this as a clear case of identity theft. 

iD Mobile have incorrectly lodged a default against my credit history. This has now just prevented me from getting a mortgage after saving up for 3 years for a deposit, as I had no idea a default had been logged against my name.

I recently contacted the police to try and find a crime reference number as to resolve this and received the following response: 

‘’You recently contacted us requesting a crime reference number for a fraud committed in 2015.

We conducted a search and found no trace of the incident.  If the Police contacted you to notify you of the fraud then there would be no log of this’’. 

I’m absolutely devastated to find this default on my record - could you please advise as this is urgent ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jamie88,

I am sorry to hear about that issue. Until we are directly notified of the account being fraudulent, we will still carry out our debt recovery procedures in a correct manner but we’ll take some details in order to look into this for you.

We will send you a PM now to help further and we would advise reporting this to the police again so you can obtain a new crime reference number: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Ryan

Hello @Ryan 

I only joined this forum on Sunday (31/1/2021)  and I don't have a private message re your investigation and my details? Or I can’t find it sorry, can you help? All I have is a private message welcoming me as a member to the community.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jamie88 

We have sent you a Private Message now. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Hi there @Lillie, sorry we didn’t get back to you hear sooner.

Generally speaking, it would be 30-35 days or so later from when you report the details of a fraud that you would receive paperwork in the post to confirm everything has been taken care of.

Any billing letters or final demands in the meantime, simply ignore.  That will all be eradicated and removed from your credit score once things are resolved.

I still haven’t received anything in the post to confirm this has been resolved. It has now been 6 weeks since I reported it. Can you advise please. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lillie,

We’ll drop you a Private message so we can see where our Fraud Team is up to with this case.

Will

Why iD Mobile?