Question

Fraudulent Account set up in my name

I seem to be the latest victim of ID Mobile!  Someone has set up a fraudulent account in my name and I am getting invoices to pay.  I have reported this to the Fraud and Cyber crime website of the Police and I will personally make a point of having the Police investigating the activities of ID Mobile.  Why are there so many fraudulent accounts set up?  Why are you allowing cyber crime to be committed with the help of your business?  You have just sent me a “Do not ignore letter” for an account I did not set up.  I want the account closed ASAP and my name and address removed from your website.

This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @fraud101,

As with any other UK Mobile network, retailer, we’re always likely to be targetted by fraud.

Unless such a system was installed that required several biometric checks as well as proof of several different details it’s going to be impossible to fully prevent this.

We do have stringent security measures in place to protect customers against fraud but fraudsters are always finding ways of getting past these.

The most common case is when a fraudster has been able to obtain your personal details, which is something out of our control.

I can only apologise for the inconvenience such a case will have caused. Bearing in mind that iD Mobile have also been defrauded here.

I’ll send you a PM so we can get this logged to our Fraud Team.

Mohammed

Thanks for your email but what I really need from you is to have the account cancelled, my name removed from your system and a letter acknowledging that the account has been set up fraudulently.  As a victim of cyber crime, I should not have to pay a single penny.  Before you set up an account, a confirmation letter should be sent out to the “account holder”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @fraud101 

So we can log all the relevant information to our Fraud Team, we do require further information from you.

I can see that we have already sent you a PM advising you further.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I have just received a letter saying I've set up a phone contract. And I ow money. I've never even heard of id mobile. I've been with ee for 25 years. I've contacted action fraud squad.. They have told me to contact you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @RedRed,

I’ve sent you a PM via another topic. Please check this and check your PMs.

Mohammed

I can’t get through to speak to anyone. It seems someone has taken out a contract in my fathers name fraudulently. Please can you direct me to the fraud team ASAP?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CHague,

Is your father able to message us himself so that we can log this appropriately for him?

Will

Honestly I'd mobile is the fraudsters hence you can't cancel contract even carphoneware house can't get thro to them my next step is trading standards they sent my husband a phone through carphoneware House we returned it and the phone chip they said they would investigate and cancel it ,we also reported to action fraud  but they say must go thro carphone warehouse so we are bugging them also spoke to them id mobile scammers who claim carphone warehouse house will deal with it and now sending debt  collectors for a service we never bought used or signed up for if this ends up in court will sue you for emotional damages because the stress is killing me plus ill write to the press sky new ,mirror ,sun,etc

Id mobile are the fraudsters who the he'll opens a mobile contract for someone with no vaild bank account so you send people phones who the return it to the retailer then you set debt collectors on them for a phone contract that no one agreed to or signed for got proof of returns and demands if it comes to court ill sue you for emotional damages

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Suegotscammed, sorry to hear about the fraudulent activity you’ve experienced recently.

I’m going to drop you a private message shortly so that we can investigate. To view it, simply click your profile icon in the top right of the screen, and select ‘Private messages’.

Thank you,

Rory

They are fraudsters good luck getting out of it been trying to cancel from day one with phone shop and now I got debt collectors on my back this company finds your details sadly my husbands details on a website that will charge you to remove they used it to set up an account and demanding money for something we didn't agree to or signed for and no phone numbers advice keep every letter and report to citizens advice trading standards if the dont cancel it straight away 

Same trouble yet they never had our bank details funny that they can bill phoney accounts

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Suegotscammed, I’m merging all of your posts into this one thread. Could I kindly ask you to refrain from posting about this across several threads? As doing so makes it very difficult for the team to keep track of your issue, and it also goes against our Community Guidelines. If you have an issue, please keep it to a single thread.

As I mentioned above, we’ve now sent you a private message so we can get this sorted for you. If you could get back to us at your earliest convenience, that would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Rory

That's because they are gonna send dept collectors when you don't pay there phoney contract x

So no talking to others sharing experiences allowed ok ill give u a bit of time to work it out and call off your debt collectors close this contract off permanently I can't handle the grief this is causing me

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Suegotscammed, I promise we’ll get back to your private message as soon as we can.

Thank you,

Rory

I have been working with carphone warehouse for 3 months dont you guys communicate with each other i returned  phone in January the day I got it with the unactivated sim card I never ordered the phone and never even heard of id mobile I have proof of return so I dont owe you anything. I just hope your lack of communication does not mess up my credit rating 

What i dont get is you say it takes 30 days to investigate 3 months later you still aint sorted it out if you are joint with carphone warehouse then why have you and they failed to close this fraudulent account I spoke to you once by you said you would flag it and keep any eye on the investigation I dont get how two company's that work side-by-side can't simply close the account  and move on and trace thes scammer that did this I mean police/action fraud do nothing and after 3 months being aware of the fraud still at square 1

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We are sorry to hear this @pattyman 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can look into this. To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

-Mohsin

Hello, I too have just received a letter about an account in my name which I have not set up. Can you please advise. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Stevoid 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can assist with this. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

This has also happened to me. I have received a letter stating that I have opened an account and payment is due. 

Please advise on how to cancel this immediately.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @bob123456789,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get this account closed down and processed appropriately.

Will

Hi my name is Katie my user name RedRed. 2 months ago someone opened a account with you. And it wasn't me. I thought we sorted this out. You even sent me a letter. Apologising this had happened to me. And it's been dealt with and the case is closed. I've just received a huge bill off you!!!!! For the month of May. The number is 07859908542.... The invoice number is 66608591. And account number 12312588. I have no idea what is going on. This is not me. As I thought we sorted out 2 months ago. Can you please help me and stop sending me huge bills. Thank you Katie. 

It Katie again RedRed. I have the action fraud number at home if you want that again. Please can you help me and sort this out. It's stress I don't need right now. Clearly someone is still using the account. When your company said it has been dealt with. 

Why iD Mobile?