Solved

How do I cancel my contract? Can't log in to cancel, don't know the mobile number, but am being charged. Urgent, please advise.

• 8 September 2020
  • 13 replies

I ordered a sim in November 2018 but never registered the account and did not use the sim. So I do not have log in details and I do not know the phone number of the sim. I now realise I have been charged by Direct Debit every month since then. I urgently need to speak to someone about cancelling this without incurring charges. Please advise. 

icon

Best answer by Will 15 October 2020, 19:18

View original

13 replies

This is her account I have set up for her. I have had her permission to cancel her contract. She has since paid the outstanding amount. 

Trying to cancel sim only contact, but can't get through and talk on live chat as I don't know the phone number 

I bought the sim for my nan, it wasn't compatible for her phone, I cancelled her direct debit. She is now getting stressed as she is having letters asking her for payment 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ash93,

We’ll drop you a Private message now to get the ball rolling on your disconnection.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Pauline Griffin,

Do you have power of attorney you could provide if needed? Just that we’d need that for you to cancel the agreement on her behalf.

Will

No I don't have power of a

Attorney. But she has given me permission to act on her behalf as I'm her granddaughter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pauline Griffin,

Unfortunately, we would need a valid P.O.A to speak to a non-account holder here regarding their account.

Are you able to help her set-up an account and message us here?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ash93,

Do you still have the SIM card?

If so, you can simply pop the SIM in and register and cancel this way?

Let us know, otherwise, we’ll need to help you process a 30-day disconnection.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

No I don't have the sim. I need to cancel urgently, and I want to request a refund for payments as I have never used the card. Please advise how I can speak to something about this, what number can I call?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Pauline Griffin,

You’d need to have Power of Attorney to act on her behalf. If you can assist her setting up her own profile on here, we’ll be happy to assist her once we receive the message.

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Pauline Griffin 

Is the account in question in your name?  Please let us know as we’ll message you here to assist you with that if so.

If the account is in the name of your nan then we’d need her to contact our Live Chat Team -or- sign up here and message us so that we can speak to her directly in order to assist further.

Hi the account is in her name. I'm acting on her behalf. She is unable to contact as she's 85 and doesn't have access to the Internet. 

Why iD Mobile?