Sticky Tutorial

How to cancel your SIM only contract

• 21 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
If you’re thinking of ending your SIM only contract and leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go. But we won’t make it difficult or stand in your way – that’s not what we’re about. You’ll find all the information you need below.

If you bought your SIM only plan recently (no more than 14 days ago in-store, or no more than 30 days ago online or by phone), here’s the good news. You can simply process a return, rather cancelling your plan. It’s much easier. Visit the How to return your SIM only contract to find out more.

How to cancel your SIM only plan and end your iD Mobile contract

If you've gone past your returns period and want to end your rolling SIM only plan, you can do this at any time by giving us 30 days’ notice. The easiest way to do it is with the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Simply log in, go to the 'My account' page, and on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then be taken through the cancellation process.

Please note: you'll be asked if you would like to keep your number. If you select 'keep my number', you'll be issued with a PAC code and your account won't be disconnected until it's used. If you don't use your PAC code within 30 days of it being issued, you'll need to request another one.

What happens when your plan ends – and why you need to keep your Direct Debit open!

There’s just one more piece of important advice we need to give you…
  • Please, please keep your Direct Debit open. Don’t cancel it. In fact, leave it open for a whole month after you’ve disconnected. The reason why you should do this is as follows…
After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open!

Alternatively, if you're not really sure that you want to leave?

If you’re not happy with the amount of allowances you get with your plan, or the price you pay each month, why not change plan to one that suits you better?

Or if you’d like a new phone, why not upgrade with iD Mobile if you’re eligible? We’ve got a huge range of handsets from all the big name manufacturers. And our prices are pretty hard to beat.
It’s easy to do both these things – check out these Community articles to find out how:

How to change your plan using the app or My Account
How to upgrade using the app or My Account

And that’s really all there is to ending your SIM only plan. If you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer above, post it below for someone in the Community to answer.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

I cancelled the sims on the very day I bought them - within the cool off period - because they didn't work in the devices they were purchased for. I was advised by Carphone Warehouse it was all cancelled and there was nothing I would need to do. However, I cancelled the direct debit myself as I had a bad feeling about it, and sure enough, I am now getting letters and e-mails constantly. I've tried calling and of course spend 20mins listening to hold music, because of course a phone company doens't have people to answer phones....
Userlevel 6
Badge +8
Hi @01904,

Depending on how the contracts were cancelled, it might have still generated a charge; especially if you only cancelled your direct debits instead of the plan. How did you cancel your contracts?

Ryan