Sticky Tutorial

How to end your pay monthly plan

• 21 January 2019
  • 40 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge
If you’re thinking of ending your pay monthly phone plan and leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go. But we won’t make it difficult or stand in your way – that’s not what we’re about. You’ll find all the information you need below.

If you bought your plan recently (no more than 14 days ago in-store, or no more than 30 days ago online or by phone), here’s the good news. You can simply process a return, rather cancelling your plan. It’s much easier. Visit the How to return your pay monthly plan article here.

How to cancel your pay monthly plan and end your iD Mobile contract

If you've gone past your returns period and want to end your pay monthly phone plan, you can cancel it by contacting us here. You must give us 30 days' notice. So, if you want to leave at the end of your minimum contract term, you need to notify us at least 30 days before your contract end date.

Please note: if you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile app or My Account area - under 'My account', on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then see your 'Estimated cost of a cancellation'.

If you want to keep your existing number on your new network provider, you'll need to get a PAC code from us. Just ask us for this when you contact us to end your plan. PAC codes are valid for 30 days. If you get one from us, your plan will automatically disconnect after your number has been ported out of iD. If you don't use it, your plan will continue to run.

What happens when your plan ends – and why you need to keep your Direct Debit open!
There’s just one more piece of important advice we need to give you…

• Please, please keep your Direct Debit open. Don’t cancel it. In fact, leave it open for a whole month after you’ve disconnected. The reason why you should do this is as follows…
After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open!

And that’s really all there is to ending your pay monthly phone plan. If you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer above, post it below for someone in the Community to answer.

40 replies

Userlevel 1

The link for cancelling does not work. I tried to cancel my account but just got charged another month. 

The link for cancelling does not work.

I want to give my 30 days notice.

Your chat box isnt working either. 

Hi,

I’d like to cancel my plan as well, please advise what’s the best way, I currently don’t have my SIM card, therefore can’t do it via an app. I am aware of the 30 days notice, would like to give the notice ASAP, please advise.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @isabellaisett @Markleave 

So sorry to hear you want to leave us at iD Mobile.

Please click on this link below , it has have all the information on how to cancel.

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-to-cancel-your-id-mobile-plan-31836

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @yezi_lovely 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Click on End your ID plan sends a text message. Clicking on the link in SMS sends you to a page which is broken.

:rage:

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Markleave 

Pearl

I ended my pay monthly plan on the 5th of April and received a text message from you that it would end on the 5th of May. However my overview still shows my plan as active and with 28 days left. I tried to end it again yesterday receiving a text message saying it would now end on the 21st of May. Again my overview page does show the contract as active. Can you please make sure that my contract is ended correctly on the 5th of May. I can provide screenshot of the text messages received from you if needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @weissdergeier 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima

Good morning, if you can please DM me so I can cancel my monthly sim.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Pantsoff1 

I have sent you a direct message with more information. 

Regards

Aklima

Hi,

I want to cancel my monthly plan.

Please, DM me with details on how to do this.

I am not moving to another provider.

You dont make this easy, I may need to just cancel my DD and take action at a later date.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Kimboknickerfart 

Sorry to read your leaving iD mobile.

If you’re not moving to another network, and just want to end your iD Mobile plan, you can do this on the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Please note that if you choose to end your plan they way, you will be subject to a 30-day disconnection period.

To disconnect your plan, without a PAC or STAC, simply:

• Go to the ‘My Account’ Page
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘End my plan’
  • Select ‘End your iD Mobile plan’ and follow the instructions

Pearl

Hiya,

I followed the instructions, logged into my account, went to ‘My account’, went to ‘End my plan’, and it said I had £0 of line rental left, and £0 of outstanding balance. I got a text message, saying you’ve received the request, and my disconnection is scheduled for the 25th of May. The only problem is that the site doesn’t give me any indication that I’ve cancelled, and it still says I have a payment due on the 15th of May for £10.63. I’m getting mixed signals here. Am I cancelled or not? Is my final bill £0, or £10.63?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @BillyR91 , so with a cancellation, a 30 day notice is required.  So the notification you received advising “received the request, and my disconnection is scheduled for the 25th of May” is the indication that the line is in the process of being cancelled. Once the line has cancelled on that date, you’ll receive further notification that it has gone through.

As for what you’ll be billed, it will be for the final 30 days, so it may be £0.00 now because you’re up top date,  but by the time the contract ends in 30 days, another bill would have been generated that requires payment. I hope that clears everything up for you Billy.

Cheers,

Will

I am unable to cancel my plan using the app or online, please advise what I can do. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @StephWoods89 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Pearl

I just want to end my contract online but the link to the website is under construction, none of your customer chats or numbers are avaliable and there’s no other way to do it. Please help

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @7ffionaa 

If you want to end your iD Mobile plan, there are a few options available, here they are:

Are you moving to another network?

If you want to take your number to another network you can do this by getting your PAC, if you want to leave and not take your number with you, you can get a STAC. Both of these methods will immediately terminate your iD Mobile plan once you move to a new provider.

Move and take your mobile number using a PAC:

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to another provider simply:

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

It’s totally free, and you will receive a text with your PAC number within a minute, it also will also include important information about any early termination charges (if any).

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to your new network.

Move and don’t take your mobile number using a STAC:

If you don’t need to keep your number and want move to another provider simply:

Text STAC DDMMYY to 75075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your STAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

Again, it’s totally free and you’ll receive a text with your STAC number within a minute, it will also include important information about any early termination charges.

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to you new network.

Not moving to another network?

If you’re not moving to another network, and just want to end your iD Mobile plan, you can do this on the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Please note that if you choose to end your plan they way, you will be subject to a 30-day disconnection period.

Let me know if this works

Thanks, 

Pearl

The link for cancelling does not work. I tried to cancel my account but just got charged another month. 

I have had the same problem.

I cancelled my account using  “my ID” however I’ve still been charged for another month and it’s still on going. I cancelled my direct debit so had to pay via debit card.

Please cancel my contract I do not need it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @matttremaine 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Pearl

Hello All. I am hoping someone can help. 

I want to cancel my contract, don’t need the number hence literally just close it. I have followed ALL the instructions, tried to cancel it online and in the APP but it just says click a link but that takes you to a page “under construction”. 

I have gone on Live Chat and they say they cannot cancel it their end, the only way is to use the APP. Calling, they are not taking calls. I keep going around in circles. I understand the strain on everyone at the moment with COVID19 but there has to be a way. 

All I want to do is cancel it. 

Any ideas?????

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @stevencdouglas 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards

Aklima

Thanks @AklimaRahman. I have replied. Tried all of this and got no where. Cheers though.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @stevencdouglas 

Have you tried these options ?

Move and don’t take your mobile number using a STAC:

If you don’t need to keep your number and want move to another provider simply:

Text STAC DDMMYY to 75075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your STAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

Again, it’s totally free and you’ll receive a text with your STAC number within a minute, it will also include important information about any early termination charges.

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to you new network.

Not moving to another network?

Let me know if this works

Thanks,

Pearl