Sticky F.A.Q.

How to return your SIM only contract

• 21 January 2019
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

If you’re thinking of returning your SIM only contract and leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go. But we won’t make it difficult or stand in your way – that’s not what we’re about. You’ll find all the information you need below.

If you bought your SIM only plan recently (no more than 14 days ago in-store, or no more than 30 days ago online or by phone), here’s the good news. You can simply process a return, rather than cancelling your plan. It’s much easier!

How to return your SIM only plan and end your iD Mobile contract​​​​​​

• If you bought a SIM only plan in-store no more than 14 day ago, you can return it by going into any Carphone Warehouse store. Just bring your proof of purchase with you, and a member of staff will take care of you.
  • If you purchased an iD SIM Only plan from idmobile.co.uk or via the iD telephone sales team in the last 30 days, please contact us here to make a return.

If you made your purchase outside of the time frames listed above, then you will need to look at our How to cancel your SIM only plan article.

If you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer above, post it below for someone in the Community to answer.

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

The please contact us here link doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @aaaaaaa,

Thanks for that.

I've updated this now 😀
Mohammed
Thank you for trying but the link still doesn't work
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi aaaaaaa,
Thanks, we should be good now.
Phil

I cancelled my direct debit for my 7 pound a month contract, thinking (mistakenly now I see) that would automatically cancel my contract.  But it seems I SHOULD first have cancelled the contract and THEN after 30 days or more, once the final bill had come through, cancelled the direct debit.  Question is what to do now!  (A complication is that I am now in Kenya -- for maybe many months! -- and don’t want to use that SIM card for anything as the cost will be great I suspect.)  Thanks for any help. 

Badge +10

@mkbussey not the end of the world as long as you still have access to your account dashboard page from the app or any web browser.

use this link to cancel the contract please be aware live chat doesn’t work at present

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations#outside-returns-window

You may still get one final bill past the 30 day cancelling period so keep an eye on your emails and account, you should still be able to pay your bills from your account page, Direct Debits just make it easier to keep on top of payments. Another handy tip to remember is payment is only due 14 days after the 'bill date' on your invoice.

Because of corona and having two separated parents who are both suffering with dementia i felt it essential to Update my ID plan to give me unlimited minutes.  In my haste and with your systems not working as normal I have ended up by ordering a new sim as well as upgrading my original sim both via online thinking it was one and the same.

Hence I need to return and cancel the new sim and just use the upgrade one which I believe is doable if note within the first 14 or 30 days. Only problem is it seems impossible to do right now because your call centres are closed and you haven’t managed to even set up remote working answering queries via email!!!!!!

I cancelled my direct debit as this seemed the only way to stop you taking my money because you can't action my cancellation.

Please let me know what can be done or that at least when this horrible corona virus is over you will honour the cancellation with no charges.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Jimster 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi

When I click the please contact us here link in the article above I get sent to another page which asks me what my question is from scratch, and the live chat option isn’t working. Please tell me how to cancel my sim only contract, I bought it less than a week ago.

Thanks

Rachel

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Rquinn07, if you scroll down the page, you should see this button:

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory

I see the live chat section but no blue button - same thing when I tried yesterday. I am using an iPhone 8.

Thanks

Rachel

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there, do you see a grey button saying “Available soon”? Could you try with a different device or browser?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi

No grey button - I’ve just tried on a PC, Chrome browser and same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rquinn07,

We’ll get a PM sent over so we can sort this.

Mohammed

No help available to return  my sim. ? No customer services to talk and chat bot is going in circles. I do not have signals at my house 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Razazel,

Are you wanting assistance with your signal issues or a return?

Please let us know so we can provide the required assistance.

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No help available to return  my sim. ? No customer services to talk and chat bot is going in circles. I do not have signals at my house 

Hi @Razazel,

I’ve replied to your other topic sending you a PM so we can sort this.

Mohammed

Hi, I’m trying to follow this process but no one is available via Webchat?!

To cancel my sim only deal within 30 days of my online purchase.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @martin988,

We’ve already sent you a PM so we can pick this up,

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This is useless.

I have just received an ID Mobile sim and tested it today for the first time. The data connection was useuless and less than 25% upload/download and response time of my current provider, so obviously I will not be staying with ID.

So I come here to cancel.

I click the link for contact and get a chat bot who tells me to log in to my account (why not just give these instructions here to avoid the chatbot?!!)

I log in to my account and there is no way of instantiating a return only a cancellation which tells me I will have to pay a full month!!!!

Now I am stuck in another deliberately created technocratic wall to entrap customers and stop them leaving. Absolutely appalled and recommend people avoid these con artists.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @AvoidIDMobile 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and help you with your return request.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Thanks. However, I managed to get a real person on chat by telling the chatbot that I wanted to speak to a real person, amazingly it understood that. It took 40 minutes but I now have the issue logged and my sim cancelled.

Why iD Mobile?