Question

I cancelled my contract but instead, is being marked as arrears on my credit score

• 20 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I cancelled an ID mobile contract for which I dont remember the number . I thought it was cancelled but my credit checker says that I am still £4 in arrears. I dont understand how, but ultimately would like to fix this as soon as possible.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there Gloria.

When was it you spoke to us to cancel?

Disconnection requests would generally be a 30-day notice period, so it’s quite common to have a final bill to pay for anything between your last monthly bill and any days after that up to the date of the disconnection.

You would be able to find out that bill the same way you had previously with all your other bills, and we would never recommend cancelling a Direct Debit until said final bill is paid unless you were already in the habit of checking your bills and then paying them manually.

If you’re in £4 arrears still, then you would need to contact the agency to which the £4 debt is with now if this isn’t recent.

I had a direct debit this is why I am confused. It was over two months ago I disconnected

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gloria,

Did you by any chance cancel the direct debit after you disconnected?

Was the payment taken once the final bill was produced?

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?