Solved

i want to cancel my contract and have my latest payment refunded

I’ve just had a payment come out today and it’s taken my bank acc into an unarranged overdraft 

i received a letter a few months back I think saying that the contact is over and to get in touch if I want to cancel it; this is something I’ve wanted to do for awhile as I’m not happy with the service I’m getting

I have cancelled the direct debit today(same day this payment was taken) and I’m hoping that this could be refunded as it’s put me in a very bad place financially

icon

Best answer by Will 24 July 2020, 18:31

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @KieronK 

Had you been in touch previously to let us know you wished to cancel?

See only if we have had a request from you to disconnect your services would we go ahead and do such a thing.

Otherwise your subscription would remain active and as such you’d be expected to pay for that you see.

We can’t see any other replies from yourself here, so have you been in touch with our Live Chat Team at all?

I have used the live chat before and am contacting you the same day the payment has left my acc

I have tried to contact via phone prior to this but it has been extremely difficult and frustrating 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @KieronK, we’d be unable to refund the amount if we have never been given notice from yourself that you want to leave.

Please click here for more information on how to successfully close your account and prevent further unexpected bills.

Hope this helps,

Will

Hi Will,

this is by far the worst network I’ve ever been with and the way the company’s customer services operates is beyond loopy. I’ve closed the DD and I am done with ID. This company is abysmal. 

I’m sure you know that your response wasn’t of any help to me. 

Also the arrogance to call this matter “solved” is ridiculous. It isn’t solved for me and I’m still in debt because of this. The amount of texts and minutes I get for what I pay is an absolute joke and someone at your company needs to take their head for a wobble 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KieronK,

Canceling the direct debit wouldn’t cancel the iD Mobile account. Cancelling the direct debit can result in missed payments which may affect your credit file.

Do you still have the letter to say that the contract is cancelled? Also did you receive a bill showing the termination fee or final bill?

Kash

Yes I do 

You have the info that I want to cancel it, you sent me the info saying the contract is done. You even have my money for a month I don’t want the service. PLEASE just cancel the thing cause I’m not at all happy with this network 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @KieronK 

We’d never simply disconnect an account of anyone unless they got in touch to specifically request that.

The letter you’re referring to simply states your 24-month contract is up and that you would now have the option to upgrade again or switch to a SIM-only plan.  Two paths you can both go down yourself through the iD Mobile App or the My Account area on our website.

We'll send you a private message here now (if you haven't been in touch with our Live Chat Team) if you no longer need the number, and thus wish to cancel.  Though we’d not be able to issue a refund unless there is evidence somewhere of you having spoken to us to give our 30-day disconnection request notice and for that not to have been put in motion.

“We’d never simply disconnect an account of anyone unless they got in touch to specifically request that”

this was your actual reply to my message specifically requesting you to cancel my acc. baffling. also I referred to the letter as saying the “contract was done” so I don’t know why you feel the need to explain what I just said to you in more words. I just want a new contract because this entire experience has been beyond disappointing. 

AND AGAIN, I have already been told that a refund isn’t possible so why do you feel the need to reiterate the same information to me. Just because someone isn’t happy with what you’ve explained doesn’t mean they need it repeatedly drilled into them. 

I’ll reply to the private message and hopefully get this over with as soon as possible UNLESS of course you want to tell me what the letter meant again or why you won’t issue a refund? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

We look forward to receiving your Private Message soon @KieronK .

Will

It’s been sent Will

Why iD Mobile?