Question

I want to cancel my contract, but (a) there's no call centre, (b) the iD site doesn't recognise my email address - even though they're using it to send me emails.

• 26 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I want to cancel my contract, but there are obstacles.

(a) there's no call centre.  That’s fair enough; I have no complaints - these are difficult times.

(b) the iD site doesn't recognise my email address - even though they're using it to send me emails.  This is harder to understand.  I signed up with Carphone Warehouse, and used carphonewarehouse@<my domain> as my contact email (it helps me trace spam).  However, when I type in this address to request a password reset, the address isn’t recognised. 

It’s feeling a bit Catch-22 at the moment.  I guess I can cancel the direct debit, but I’d rather do things tidily.

6 replies

I guess I should that the phone isn’t a smartphone, so I can’t use the app.

OP again, with a bit more detail.

I found a page that let me enter iD phone number, surname and date of birth - then gave me this message:

“Your username is displayed below. Kindly click on my ID link above to login to your account.

Sorry, we have been unable to get any user name for the details entered”. This is normally the point where I’d make the call or try for live chat ...
Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @davidken 

I have just moved your question to the correct category. 

Aklima 

Thank, Aklima, and sorry I misposted.

What was the right category

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Bettyyork,

This was moved to the cancellations category. I have replied to your own topic about your account and you should have a PM from the team to offer support.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?