Solved

iD Immobile Service? PAC Required

• 18 September 2020
  • 11 replies

The iD service is unusable. Whilst it appears that I might be able to make outgoing calls and send texts, the service does not allow anything incoming. The means that it is impossible to escape, there being no way of receiving a PAC. Firstly, whilst it may be possible to send the text PAC to 65075, no reply will ever be received. Secondly, trying the iD app route, I cannot register for it because  I cannot receive the code it sends me to complete registration.

An early resolution of this is required.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 21 September 2020, 15:05

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @seagem,

I’ve moved all your posts into one topic.

Please don’t make multiple topics surrounding the same issue.

I will send you a PM now so we can get this sorted for you.

Mohammed

Good afternoon Mohammed,

Answer: Receive a message that the temporary number is not recognized.

I have some more info: Ii transferred the sim to another (Android) phone. Testing had the same results i.e. it was possible to make/send calls/texts but to receive neither. The caller still hears a pip followed by a disconnection tone. Looks to me like it’s the sim at fault. If so, please send a replacement first class asap.

Regards,

seagem

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @seagem,

Really sorry to hear that.

What happens when someone calls the temporary number that was on the SIM before you transferred your number over?

Mohammed

Good to receive your message Mohammed.

I have repeated your suggested activity but without success.

My Number is shown correctly in Phone.

In iMessages, both the original, iD phone number and the correct one are displayed, but I can only ‘activate’ the iD one. When selecting the correct one, the message ‘iMessage Activation   An error occurred during activation. Try again.’

I note that, if selecting the wrong number, together with the email address below it, another part of the screen appears (‘START NEW MESSAGES FROM’) with the wrong number in it, but maybe this is not relevant to the solution.

What to do now? Is it possible to delete the incorrect number? I see that I have an option to sign out of the iMessage Account, but await your instruction/advice.

Along the way, I have checked whether the phone is working but the caller still receives the same single pip and a disconnect tone with no indication that there was an incoming call.

Is it possible that the sim is faulty?

Gregor

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @seagem,

Is this with iMessage?

Try the following:

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Mohammed

I have posted details of an id porting problem three times, so for with no result. Will seems to be the only guy looking out for stuff and doing anything. Where are you Will? Your help would be much appreciated.

Is there anyone at Id who con sort out their system and let me receive calls after porting? I can’t even update the number that iPhone would like to see because they can’t send me the code to do so.

I have ported and can make outgoing calls but no one is able to contact me. There is nowhere to call to advise of the problem and Live Chat appears to be a name on the website only. The community has so far come up with nothing. Where has the iD service disappeared?

Who can sort out the problem where I am unable to receive calls and messages. Callers receive a pip and disconnection click only? Live chat is unavailble. There has been no response to an ealrlier posting of the problem. is there any one out there?

It gets worse where, having ported and not being able to receive calls or texts, it is impossible to update the iPhone number, the necessary code not being receivable.

I have ported and outgoing calls are possible with the ported number but there is nothing incoming. The caller has a couple off ‘pips’ and a disconnection. I have powered down, removed and replaced the sim and rebooted, all with no effect. This is already causing problems and an early resolution is required to justify the move to id.

Assistance clearly needed.

Thanks.

Why iD Mobile?