Solved

Impossible to Cancel!

• 5 December 2020
  • 1 reply

This shouldn’t be this difficult! 

I have had a contract with ID Mobile which I have had for 2 years. I got the contract just for the handset as I had an existing contract. I have never made 1 phone call, 1 SMS or used 1KB of data in two years.

Once I paid off the contract, I was put onto a rolling contract. I have tried to contact customer services on so many occasions to cancel this, but to no avail:

1. You need to sign-up online to cancel. To sign up, you need to make use of the phone number. I do not have the sim to sign up.
  2. To cancel, you cannot phone the number for ID - you cannot EVER speak to anyone who works for this company.
  3. After using the LiveChat - several times - the agent cannot cancel my contract, because he says my name or address is ‘incorrect’. I have never lived at any other address or had any other name. As a result he said he could not cancel the contract. He then said if I cancel my direct debit - my credit rating will be affected. This is unfair. I must keep paying for something that I don’t use and you won’t let me cancel!? 

This leaves me in a position where IDMobile CONTINUE to take money from me - now 3 MONTHS- without any network use at any point - from my bank account and I have been given no option to stop you ! I want you to cancel my account! 

Please respond to this, if you cannot cancel my contract I will be speaking to the regulator. This is impossible to cancel and I want a refund for the last two months of pain. I haven’t been allowed to leave your network!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 11 December 2020, 17:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This shouldn’t be this difficult! 

I have had a contract with ID Mobile which I have had for 2 years. I got the contract just for the handset as I had an existing contract. I have never made 1 phone call, 1 SMS or used 1KB of data in two years.

Once I paid off the contract, I was put onto a rolling contract. I have tried to contact customer services on so many occasions to cancel this, but to no avail:

1. You need to sign-up online to cancel. To sign up, you need to make use of the phone number. I do not have the sim to sign up.
  2. To cancel, you cannot phone the number for ID - you cannot EVER speak to anyone who works for this company.
  3. After using the LiveChat - several times - the agent cannot cancel my contract, because he says my name or address is ‘incorrect’. I have never lived at any other address or had any other name. As a result he said he could not cancel the contract. He then said if I cancel my direct debit - my credit rating will be affected. This is unfair. I must keep paying for something that I don’t use and you won’t let me cancel!? 

This leaves me in a position where IDMobile CONTINUE to take money from me - now 3 MONTHS- without any network use at any point - from my bank account and I have been given no option to stop you ! I want you to cancel my account! 

Please respond to this, if you cannot cancel my contract I will be speaking to the regulator. This is impossible to cancel and I want a refund for the last two months of pain. I haven’t been allowed to leave your network!

Hey @Paul1989,

Sorry to hear you’re having so many issues with cancelling.

I’ll get a PM sent over to you so we can help get this cancelled.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?