Leaving iD mobile but still being billed

• 5 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Having been with iD mobile since 2018, I have decided to leave as the service is dire in my area of Dorset. (it was great in Wales before relocation) I cannot use my phone at home, and when visiting it is hit and miss.

I notified iD of my intent and have had nothing but trouble trying to escape, the customer service is probably the worst I have ever encountered. I have explained that I am only leaving due to very poor signal/connection, and that my phone cannot be used, but iD continues to send charges.

I cancelled my Direct Debit as getting very frustrated, now I have been threatened that my Credit Rating will be affected, even though I have not missed a payment (and it’s not my fault the service provision is not fit for purpose).

Finally after issuing a complaint to iD mobile (and paying what I thought was final bill,, even though am now with other provider), I was told a £10 refund would be issued, the case would be closed, and I would be disconnected.

This week I receive another bill for next months service. Come on iD this is beyond belief.

2 replies

Mohammed, I understand what you are saying with regards to 30 days notice, as in terms (which I was not told about on joining, and did not understand, through not reading terms).

But all I am saying is ,,,,the service is not available at my address 99% of the time I cannot use my mobile. I cannot contact friends or Family… People cannot ring me. So why do you expect me to pay for a service for 30 days. (would you pay a shop for nothing?)

Anyway, think I am sorted now. Have closed the complaint and will be leaving iD.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Keefruts,

When you request to cancel, a 30-days notice disconnection is processed.

During this time, any bills are produced as per normal and monies taken during this time as per your Direct Debit. 

After disconnection, a final bill is produced and any period you have been charged passed your notice period is then credited back to you.

Please can you contact us via Live Chat so we can pick this up?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?