Solved

Lost Phone and Lack of ID Support

• 4 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Last month, my son's phone was stolen while we were on holiday. I have been trying to get the phone Blacklisted since getting back but have been unable to get through either on live chat or the phone number supplied. There is a button for blocking the SIM but we had used a local pay as you go so he still has the ID SIM and I don't therefore want to go this way. Is there any way I can get the phone blacklisted which doesn't involve ID or could I go into a Carphone Warehouse to get this done? I was going to claim on insurance but it looks like I will time out because they have quite strict timescales for the phone to have been blacklisted.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 September 2018, 16:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Mike Monmouth,

The app allows reporting your phone as lost/stolen which automatically blacklists the handset and suspends the SIM.

In your case, you've been still got the SIM but need to report just the handset as lost.
This would only be done by contacting us.

Not to worry, I've PM'ed you with a way we can quickly get this resolved for you.

Mohammed

Hi I blocked my son phone as he lost it. We have found it but I have tried the unblock way but it still isn’t working. I cannot get hold of anyone 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mummykins,

I’ve replied to your other post and we’ve sent you a PM regarding this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?