Question

Missed payment error

• 21 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I had a phone on a 2 year contract with ID which I started around 4 and a half years ago. After the 2 year contract finished I continued to use my phone on a rolling contract paying by direct debit, however the phone broke a few month later so I replaced it with a phone from a different provider.

I only realised last month that I was still paying by direct debit for this phone which I no longer owned so I cancelled my payment, assuming that as I had completed my 2 year contract and was on a rolling contract this would not be an issue. 

I was told yesterday that my parents (who I was living with when I started this contract several years ago) had received a letter addressed to me threatening to employ debt collectors to get the £19 they claim I owe them.

Unfortunately due to Covid I am unable to discuss this issue with anyone over the phone. I am unable to log in to my ID account, which apparently does not recognise my emails. When I tried to retrieve my log in information a message was sent to my old number (the number for the phone which i no longer own).

What can I do? I would like to cancel this contract, which I have been unknowingly paying £19 a month for 2 years

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @BernardB 

When was it you had contacted us to cancel?  If you’d spoken to us in the past to cancel and that hasn’t been actioned then we’ll be happy to look into that here.

In order to do so, we’ve sent you a private message so that we can take some further details.

Hi @BernardB, in some cases, if the final bill is less than £5.00, you may not be notified. Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

I’ve been trying on and off for 2 months now to contact via Chat to cancel, but no luck. Very poor this, it’s really affecting my credit score.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @BernardB, in some cases, if the final bill is less than £5.00, you may not be notified. Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, sorry to jump in but the exact same has happened to me. I had my son on a rolling contract and cancelled, I’ve just checked my credit report and I’ve got 3 missed payments which I knew nothing about??

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @dcf201 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you please confirm if you managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?