Question

My father has passed away and I need to disconnect the line

My father  has passed away and so I need to cancel his mobile contract. 

How do I go about this with the call centre being closed?

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sarahwak 

We are so sorry to hear about your loss.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

We just need to obtain some details and a copy of the death certificate in order to close the account.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

my father passed away 2nd april, and i haven't been able to contact you due to Covid. how can i cancel his contract. You are very ready to threaten legal proceedings due to one tiny amount unpaid billing!!  yet i haven't been able to contact you for two months

Hi baxendale

I had to keep trying the live chat as it was always unavailable.

When I finally got through they said for me to email a copy of the death certificate along with the mobile number to documents@idmobile.co.uk

It was then cancelled a few days later. 

Hope that helps! 

Userlevel 1

thanks. will try that!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks @Sarahwak 

@baxendale - we are very sorry to hear of your loss.

Did you email a copy of the death certificate along with the mobile number to documents@idmobile.co.uk

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

so, i sent the death certificate, i got a mail from you saying thanks and there will be no additional charges.  today, i get a mail, saying view my bill, and charge in may, a month after he died, saying £56.72 and another threatening statement to say legal preceddings will begin.  

this is very upsetting.  which is it. nil to pay or £56.72 to pay?

you are very very very bad at dealing with bereavement.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @baxendale 

We are so sorry about the issue your facing.

Was this for the account you asked us to close for bereavement. 

This could be a letter that was sent out before the account was closed. 

Please confirm 

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

yes Pearl. I got a note from you saying account was closed and no balance to pay.

then yesterday we got a letter saying we needed to pay or you would send in bailiffs to collect!  truly horrendous customer service on ID mobile perspective.

thanks, sue

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Apologise for this once again. 

If its for the same account,then i would suggest you ignore the letter. 

This letter could have been dispatched before they received your request to cancel the account. 

If you still have any doubts, you can always contact our Live Chat team who will be able to check this or you can email them back on this email documents@idmobile.co.uk.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

hi Pearl, yes for same account. so definitively, there is nothing to  pay, correct? i do not want our credit rating downgraded due to this fiasco?

ps. you cannot get through on live chat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yes if that’s the one, the account will be disconnected and any balance will be written off as bereavement

Thanks, 

Pearl

my father passed away 2nd april, and i haven't been able to contact you due to Covid. how can i cancel his contract. You are very ready to threaten legal proceedings due to one tiny amount unpaid billing!!  yet i haven't been able to contact you for two months

Same as me. My father passed away on the 26th of April and I am having final demand letters threatening court and interest and I cannot close the account because of Covid nobody is answering the phone!! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Adnil 

Welcome to iD Community.

We are so sorry to hear about your loss.

We just need to obtain a few details in order to close the account.

Please email a copy of the death certificate along with the mobile number to documents@idmobile.co.uk and the team will get back to you.

Thanks,

Pearl

My father  has passed away and so I need to cancel his mobile contract. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Bill1932, I’m really sorry to hear about your loss. I’ve just sent you a Private Message with the next steps. If you could check it for me and get back to us in your own time, we’ll get this sorted for you.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?