Solved

Need help cancelling

• 1 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I need help cancelling my plan.

several months ago, I purchased SIM card card which has been renewing every month.

At the time of purchase, I left the store with the understanding that I would need to insert the sim into a phone, activate it and then the plan would begin.

This was not the case. ID has been charging my account regardless of the fact I have not used the product at all. I feel hard done by, as it was not explained to me in store that I would be charged immediately.

Since then, I decided not to use the SIM. I threw away the SIM and all the paperwork, in the belief that I would not be charged if I had not actually activated the plan. I have since been charged every month.

I have since tried to cancel the account, however as I do not have any of the details, I cannot access any ID Mobile services at all. I cannot call, as the robot requires the phone number - which I do not have.

I have had to post this question in the community as a last resort. I need to cancel this account, and frankly I want my money back for services I was misled when purcahsing, and have not been using for the entire time.

I look forward to your response.

Samuel Scott
icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 December 2018, 15:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Let me get this straight. You have singed up for for monthly contact rolling every 30 days and you did expect not to pay for it? Sorry to say but this doesn't sound believeable from outsider point of you.

However you can try contacting customer support using live chat from contact page on ID Mobile website and they may find your account using your date of birth and name.
Thankyou for the response about the live chat - I’ll try that.

I genuinely thought the payments would not start until I had activated the sim in my phone. Doesn’t matter though, thanks for the help
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @SamuelScott93,

Did you manage to get this sorted?

Ryan
i guess I’m an idiot - I’m struggling to find the live chat feature. Could someone send me a link?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @SamuelScott93,

Not to worry; here is the link. Once open, the Live Chat feature can be activated by pressing the button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?