Solved

Notice to end contract

• 4 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Please can you help clarify when the 30 days notice should be given.  My contract ends on the 15th February,  I don’t want to renew or keep the number.  I’ve been given conflicting information when using live chat so I don’t know when I should give notice that doesn’t incur extra charges. . First I was told to call around 15th January which I had planned to do but when I contacted ID today with another query I wanted to take the opportunity to advise of my cancellation requesting it takes effect on the contract end date. I was told if I did that there would be early termination charges so to call on the contract end date i.e. 15th February and the 30 days notice would start from then. I mentioned that I would be charged for a further 30 days as I haven't given notice in advance to terminate, and was told that the 30 days notice starts on the contract end date and as long as I don’t use the phone I won’t get charged.  I’m not convinced that’s correct. So my issue is if I cancel before 15th Feb I’ll get charged an early termination fee and if I do it on the contract end date, I’ll potentially get charged for not giving notice.

My instinct is to do it on the 15th January but i don't want to ‘try’ it online and it thinks I’m cancelling one month early.

Could you please clarify exactly when notice should be given (no porting numbers, just a straight cancellation) so that no further charges are incurred.

thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 January 2021, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Asultan,

The correct answer would be to give us the notice 30-days before your contract end date so if it does end on the 15th February as you say, the date to process the 30-day notice for the cancellation is the 16th January as this is 30-days before 15th February.

If you are moving to a new network, you can also use a STAC code (which doesn’t port your number) within the final 30-days to ensure you do not pay for the plan past 15th February.

Ryan

That’s great, thank you. 

I am struggling to either end and give notice on my contract or start a new plan can Anyone help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shelley Jordan Shepherd,

We can help with this.

When you say give notice to end your contract or start a new plan, do you mean you want to upgrade your contract to a new contract or do you mean you want to transfer the number out of our network?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?