Question

Notification of intent to cancel service from today due to no customer service being available for three months.

• 2 August 2020
  • 3 replies

My main account phone number is <removed personal info>

I have three SIMs registered with you.

Customer service has been unavailable in any guise for the past three months AND no service being available on the iD network in my area.

As you have failed to provide a service I am cancelling my Direct Debits for all three sims.

There are three direct debits - one for each sim card.

The postcode is  KT108EB

If you have any questions about this notification, please contact me by post. Emails are now blocked from ID due to the substantial amount of spam I am receiving.

With the detail above you should be able to discover everything you need to action my request.

Do not call me - the sims have been destroyed.

3 replies

Waited more than six days. No live chat available.

As I also have no iD service, I’m cancelling and will seek damages.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Throughout lockdown we’ve been assisting everyone who posts on our Community here, as we will do yourself @Aeomer.  So if you’re unable to get help via the Live Chat Team at any point, we’re generally getting back to every post on here within 24 hours.

To assist with a disconnection request we’ll need to take some further details from you to confirm you’re the account holder, so if you could respond to our private message here we’ll then be able to assist with your request here.

Firstly, I have already PM’d you the information.

However, given I have sent three letters to you, tried to use your customer service channels, and posted numerous times on the forums only to have my posts deleted, I can only conclude iD is a the mobile equivalent of a second hand car salesman.

Regarding your comment on the public post. It is not true you have been helping people on the Forum. You have been deleting my messages!

Further, using PM messages on a public forum for the maintenance of an account is a breach of GDPR. Tesco was fined in February of last year for operating in this way.

As for the 30 days. We informed you over two months ago and you refused to respond to letters, calls, and then deleted our forum messages. Frankly I am surprised you responded this time.

The contract is already broken. Failure on your part is not considered an expense on mine. If you want to take that up in court, I'd be only too pleased to do so. Given the online system supposedly has facilities for cancellation, and given that method does not work, I can only conclude iD is guilty of deceptive practices and egregious contempt for their customers.

Note: I have sent the information to you in response the PM. This is my final communication on the matter. Please send confirmations and all further correspondence by post.

Why iD Mobile?