Solved

PAC Code Problem

Hi,

I have just ported my number from EE to ID Mobile, on a 30-day rolling SIM only deal. I now want to port out as the signal is too bad in my area. 

1. A few days into my ID contract, and a 1 day after my number port, I have just requested a PAC through the ID Mobile app. The PAC arrived from ID but it is the same PAC as I received from EE, with an expiry date in 21 days' time (even though it says "this code lasts 30 days")- is this right? Surely I should have a new PAC from ID??
icon

Best answer by Michelle 25 January 2021, 17:11

View original

41 replies

I’m having exactly the same issue!  anybody out there who can help.  I moved from EE and took my number to iD, reception is terrible so have taken a new EE contract out and am trying to port my number back, but iD are just giving me the original code I had from EE !  

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @AJeffery76 
Welcome to the iD Community. 
I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Hi I'm having the same problem. Can someone help?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Angel_of-Harlem 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima 

I’m having the same problem.  I’ve still got the Vodafone pac code on my Id mobile number. I want to transfer back to Vodafone and need an Id pac code. Can I be sent a private message with instructions with what I need to do. Thanks 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Coolio1081 

I have sent you a private message. 

Regards 

Aklima

hi, I am having the same problem, what was the solution, @AklimaRahman ?

cheers Ollie 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @oreynolds33 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

I am also having exactly the same problem and unable to reach anyone at ID via phone or live chat. I have requested the code 3 times via text and each time ID is giving me the same PAC code I gave to port from EE earlier this week. Help??

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @CAll 

Pearl

Hi where will i find the message?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @CAll 

You should be able to see this message in your inbox under your profile.

Thanks,

Pearl

i cant log in - its not recognising this user name or the email address linked to the account so i can’t reset password either - can you publicly post the answer as so many seem to be having the same issue anyway - or can you email me directly rather than inside this community?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @CAll 

Please contact our live chat team who will be able to help you with this.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

Thanks

I cannot believe what a challenge it’s been to get the right PAC code. I should only take seconds. You texted me my incoming code multiple times so after being unable to get onto chat for several days and unable to reach anyone by phone, I eventually resolved it today on a chat query this morning but that chat took over an hour …. that’s completely unnecessary extra work for your already stretched staff when trading conditions are tough anyway. Getting it wrong so often (based on the number of issues mentioned in community chat) is burdening your team and alienating customers from wanting to use you in the future.  Consistently giving people the wrong PAC code won’t retain those people - it’ll just make it ore likely that they won’t use you in the future….  Just sort it out and get it right first time to avoid all these queries and frustration

I have this problem. I am getting the PAC code from ID mobile, but it is starting with VUK! This is both in text message and the id mobile website. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @pettep 

Pearl

Same issue, switched from Vodafone but looking to move back and you’ve sent me the same pac code I used to switch originally. Any advice?

The advice is speak to live chat, who are either offline or have 82 minutes wait time ...

Hi, I am having the same issue, i am moving back to ee and you have sent me an ee PAC, and the live chat is not working for me 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Daviechristie @olliekemp 

Pearl

Hi - I’m having the same problem. Could someone DM me with instructions on how to get a brand new PAC code 

Thanks 

Hi - I’m also having the same problem. I switched from EE but looking to move back and you’ve sent me the same pac code I used to switch originally. Could someone message me with some information on how to get a brand new PAC code.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sarahk ,

Welcome to iD Community.

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to another provider simply:

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

It’s totally free, and you will receive a text with your PAC number within a minute, it also will also include important information about any early termination charges (if any).

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to your new network.

You can also contact our Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi,

I've requested my PAC code but it expired yesterday, could I have an active PAC code please.

Thanks,

Why iD Mobile?