Question

phone screen broken

• 19 October 2019
  • 7 replies

I have just upgraded from a sim plan to a monthly iPhone 11. I have had the phone for no longer than two months and it’s not functioning properly 

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @jvicks 

Would you be able to describe what the issue is? Is it hardware fault or software one? Do you think what we would be able to troubleshoot it here at the community or warranty repair will be required? 

Kind Regards

Userlevel 3

I have just upgraded from a sim plan to a monthly iPhone 11. I have had the phone for no longer than two months and it’s not functioning properly 

In the 1st 6 months the onus is on the supplier to fix it or prove that it wasn't faulty when you got it. Check the sale of goods act, returns/repairs of faulty goods.

At 2 months you should be able to reject or take repair. The choice is yours

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In the 1st 6 months the onus is on the supplier to fix it or prove that it wasn't faulty when you got it. Check the sale of goods act, returns/repairs of faulty goods.

Hello@Millerphone,

This isn’t entirely correct.

In the first 6-months, the onus is on the retailer, however, we would be allowed to have 1 attempt at repairing the handset before proceeding with a replacement.

Further to this, it would not apply to physically broken or handsets damaged where the damage is not covered under the manufacturer warranty (or if the handset has any physical damage such as cracks etc).

Could you clarify exactly what the issue with the handset is @jvicks ?

Mohammed

Userlevel 3

Hello@Millerphone,

In the first 6-months, the onus is on the retailer, however, we would be allowed to have 1 attempt at repairing the handset before proceeding with a replacement.

Further to this, it would not apply to physically broken or handsets damaged where the damage is not covered under the manufacturer warranty (or if the handset has any physical damage such as cracks etc).

Could you clarify exactly what the issue with the handset is@jvicks ?

Mohammed

TO be fair he does state that its not functioning he didn't say broken! Every electronic item I've purchased in England has been replaced no quibble, no arguments. Just proof of purchase & every retailer has been fair, reasonable & understanding. Had one that even said sorry (without prompt) for having to make the journey back to the shop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello@Millerphone,

Could you clarify exactly what the issue with the handset is@jvicks ?

Mohammed

TO be fair he does state that its not functioning he didn't say broken! Every electronic item I've purchased in England has been replaced no quibble, no arguments. Just proof of purchase & every retailer has been fair, reasonable & understanding. Had one that even said sorry (without prompt) for having to make the journey back to the shop. 

Hey@Millerphone,

I’m aware of that, apologies for any misunderstandings here.

This was to clarify on your post as our Community is a public forum and we did not want others (who may have a broken handset) to misinterpret the information provided.

The topic title advised “Phone screen broken” so I wasn’t sure if this was due to a software issue or physical damage. Better to be safe.

Thank you for your suggestions anyway and taking the time to help others!

Mohammed 

I believe I am due an upgrade. My Alcatel idol 4 touch is broken, I cannot access any messages or calls. I have forgotten my password and of course the reset is sent to my phone, so no joy there. How can I upgrade without a functioning phone. Carphone warehouse have been contacted but I am still waiting to hear from them. I realise that times are difficult, but I would appreciate your support. 

Sheila Crowe

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sheila Crowe 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?