Solved

Phone was stolen & now I've received a final demand notice?

• 11 May 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

This is the first time I have received written correspondence from ID Mobile. 

My mobile phone (ID SIM only deal) was stolen on 23.2.20. Why am I now receiving a final demand notice, if I can leave at any time?

😬😡

And now I'm trying to ring to query, the call centre is closed because of Covid-19. 

icon

Best answer by Will 27 November 2020, 15:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Merjorie 

Sorry to hear that.

I’ll send you a PM so we can help get this cancelled.

Mohammed

Let me know if my id contract is still active since it should be ended last 6/11/2020 and i still recieve demand letter

I want to cancel my contract,but i recieve notice of demands,so i want to resolve this but i cant get through any help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joyce Gn07,

Cancelling a Direct Debit doesn’t cancel your contractual obligation, it just cancels the method in which you pay for it. By doing this, it sounds as though bills haven’t been paid.

So we can go through your account and explain what’s going on, we’ll send you a Private message (PM) on here to get some more information from you.

Will

Well thanks for that but I should tell you I don’t belong to Facebook, I am 75 and don’t understand what PM means beyond after midday. So writing in plIn English is preferred thanks.  I hVent hD Ny finL demand just a request to reset my direct debit which I will do once I know what I am paying for and just how long this will go on. At the moment it seems to me you are charging an unreasonable amount because of the time frame.  So when you send. Proper statement of the account relating to this stolen phone I will reinstate my direct debit. So the ball is in your court. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mali,

When a bill is not paid, we’d text the number on the plan to advise that this is due.

Following further unpaid bills, we’d restrict outgoing services and if the bills are still unpaid that’s when we’ll issue a final demand notice as you have received.

Whilst a SIM-only plan is 30-day rolling, you’ll still need to give us notice if you wanted to cancel.

You’d therefore be liable for any bills during this time.

I’ll PM you with how you can get in touch with us to cancel this and make a payment.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?