Solved

I cancelled my Direct Debit too early / Cancellation

• 2 April 2020
  • 1 reply

cancelled my direct debit for my 7 pound a month contract, thinking (mistakenly now I see) that would automatically cancel my contract.  But it seems I SHOULD first have cancelled the contract and THEN after 30 days or more, once the final bill had come through, cancelled the direct debit.  Question is what to do now!  (A complication is that I am now in Kenya -- for maybe many months! -- and don’t want to use that SIM card for anything as the cost will be great I suspect.)  Thanks for any help. 

•  
icon

Best answer by PavD 3 April 2020, 10:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Mkbussey,

Welcome to the iD Community.

You must give us 30 days' notice. So, if you want to leave at the end of your minimum contract term, you need to notify us at least 30 days before your contract end date.

Please note: if you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile app or My Account area - under 'My account', on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then see your 'Estimated cost of a cancellation'.

I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Why iD Mobile?