Solved

refund for cancelled contract

• 10 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I recently upgraded with you to the iPhone 11. 
I made an order on 9th October where I was charged £50 for the phone handset. 
The order then was cancelled by one of your chat advisors as the phone never arrived but I still haven’t received the refunded £50. 

I have since repeated the process and am now on the same contract, after having paid another £50 for the handset. 

Could you please look into this for me? 

Thank you,
Sally

icon

Best answer by Kevin 18 November 2020, 21:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sallymurtagh,

I am sorry to hear about that! Refunds can take up to 5 working days to arrive from the cancellation. When was your order cancelled?

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I cancelled the order on the 28th of October, the same day I made a new order and was charged a further £50. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Righty o @Sallymurtagh 

We’ll send you a private message now so that we can assist further with this.

If you’ve got an active line with us like you mentioned there, then we can pop the £50 owed on to that account.  Which we could either refund to your Direct Debit account -or- let it sit on there to eat away at your upcoming bill(s).

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Thanks.

I cancelled an order with ID on 18/10 but they still took the £150 for the handset on 20/10 telling me a refund would be organised. When I queried it again, they said Carphone Warehouse issued refunds for orders made on ID website. I contacted them several times. Eventually got a response from them yesterday telling me refund had to come from ID. £150 is a lot of money and I’d rather it was in my account where it belongs. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @SevNeed,

We’ll Private Message you now to chase this refund up for you. If it’s been done through our website, that’s on us to get you the money back.

Will

Why iD Mobile?