Solved

Request new sim card as old one was stolen would like the same number

• 26 June 2020
  • 7 replies

My Dad has had his phone stolen and would like a new sim card sent out to him asap please. He would also like the same mobile number.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 June 2020, 14:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @tamanna2099,

If you process an upgrade, then yes, a new SIM with your existing number will be sent out to you.

Are you going to be processing the upgrade right away, or would you like us to Private message you n ow to get a replacement SIM sent to you in the meantime?

Will

Hi, I tried contacting ID customer service, i don't know why it keeps going to an automated voice call, absolutely ridiculous. 

My phone was stolen, with my sim. Now I need a new sim with my old number.

But Im wanting to purchase an iPhone 12 (sim and handset deal) as an upgrade, will I get a new sim with my old number already then or what? im very confused. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

my phone was stolen. could you please send me a new sim card with my old number. could I also have my old price plan.

Hi @Anwara,

Sorry to hear that.

I’ll PM you so we can get a replacement SIM Sent out.

Replacement SIMS, once activated, keep the same number, plan etc.

Mohammed

my phone was stolen. could you please send me a new sim card with my old number. could I also have my old price plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Kofimanu1940,

No problem. If you can ask the account holder to contact our Live Chat Team here, they can issue a blank SIM card to him. Once the SIM card arrives, it simply needs activating on the account and the old number will be applied to the SIM card.

Ryan

Hi Mohammed,

Thank you for the above response. I am not the named account holder as stated above I am doing this on behalf of my Dad how can we go about getting the replacement sim.

Many Thanks,

Natalie Manu

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Kofimanu1940,

I’m sorry to hear that.

To begin I’d recommend him calling 0333 003 7777 and after the automated message advising the call centre is closed, enter the iD number and follow the options ot report this as lost/stolen. This will blacklist the device and suspend the services.

In regards to sending out a SIM, we can issue a replacement to him. Can you just clarify if you’re the named account holder for his account?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?