Solved

Switched to SMARTY, but still receiving emails from ID

• 8 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Dear ID,

I switched to Smarty, my ID dashboard it happened on 29th Jan 2020.

Last bills according to my dashboard…

Jan 20 £10.07

Jan 20 £3.49 [This is an updated bill for Jan showing the total amount outstanding (£3.49) for January.]

You keep emailing me telling me I have cancelled my direct debit, and “Direct Debit is a mandatory payment method for all iD contracts. Failure to pay by this method will result in a monthly surcharge being applied to your account.

I know my DD was cancelled, I instructed my bank to cancel it, I don’t need your reminders.
I don’t have a contract with ID anymore, I switched to Smarty.
I was on a 30 day rolling contract with ID, but surely when I requested a PAC code from you that notified you that I didn’t want to renew and instead I was leaving ID ?

I have paid all outstanding amounts, so can you please stop emailing me, thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 February 2020, 11:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pagan,

Once the contract has ended, a final bill is produced and any balance which is left (for the time the notice period was provided/line active) is added to this.

This payment is required to settle the account. If the Direct Debit has been cancelled, we may email you to notify you of this.

Please can you email us on  so we can check this for you.

Mohammed

The contract has ended, final bill was produced, balance was paid.
I don’t need or want your emails, and no I won’t waste my time emailing you.

I am done with ID, any more mails are just going in the bin.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Pagan,

I am sorry that you feel this way. If you can email us, then we’ll ensure that your email address is removed from your account to stop further messages.

Kind regards,
Ryan

Done

I’m having exactly the same issue as this.

I left ID back in February, remaining bills were settled. It’s now May, so I’ve cancelled the Direct Debit.

All of a sudden, I’m getting e-mails telling me that I shouldn’t have done this,  despite my number having being transferred to another network and any outstanding fees being settled two months ago.

There’s also no published e-mail address, no webchat facility active and obviously the phone lines aren’t running at present. How can I go about getting these reminders stopped?

Thanks,

Mark.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Please ignore that email Mark.  It should be a one-off which is intended to assist those with options for how they can pay future bills without having a Direct Debit active.

Sorry for any scare caused there.

Why iD Mobile?