Question

temporary suspension of phone contract

• 18 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I am currently overseas but have not used my UK phone number but am being charged an amount above my monthly rate. Why is this?

Additionally, how do I temporarily suspend my phone contract and reactivate it in a few months when I am back in the UK to avoid these extra payments?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @twishaardelle 

Welcome to iD Community.

To know everything about your bills , please click here.

In regards to the temporary suspension, we are unable to temporarily suspend and hold the connection.

Once the account is cancelled , your line will be disconnected completely.

For more information, you can contact our  Live Chat team who are able to assist with account related support.  

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

We are running a limited service via webchat so you may experience extended waiting times. We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Unfortunately, we’re currently working on reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl