Solved

Upfront payment not credited on cancellation.

• 20 July 2019
  • 2 replies

In June I was advised that I could upgrade my phone early. I choose a phone on the ID website and it was delivered the following day, I made an upfront payment of £29.99. On receipt of the phone I realised that I had made a mistake and purchased a phone on a brand new contract. I contacted Customer Services straight away and arrangements were made to return the phone. Customer Services confirmed receipt of the phone and I received notification that £1.26 will be taken from my bank via DD [final bill for a phone I did not use?]. That aside, I have been waiting for the up front payment of £29.99 to be refunded. I called Customer Services on 9th July. I was told that Carphone Warehouse would credit the amount and was transferred to them who stated that they would not credit the amount and I was then transferred back to ID Customer Services. I was then told I had to go to a Carphone Warehouse shop to get the credit arranged……..I refused as the contract was arranged online via ID. I was then told my credit card would be credited within 3-5days. THIS HAS NOT OCCURRED. I would be be grateful if you would let me know when I can expect to be refunded. Account No.[removed], mobile No.[removed]
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 22 July 2019, 13:50

View original

2 replies

I am experiencing the same problem, plus all the shops are closed .…and phone line too. Found staff at CW rather rude and incompetent , I was sold a new contract rather than upgrade . Thinking of leaving IDMobile for goods

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @viva2728,

We're sorry to hear this has happened.
We'll be more than happy to look into this refund for you and ensure it's processed, though, it's not something we can troubleshoot on over on the Community.

Please could you email us on

Include a copy/link to this post
Your Community username: " Viva2728 " & the following information:

• Your full name
  • Full address with postcode
  • Mobile number
  • Date of birth

I have removed our personal information from your above post due to this being a public forum.
Please do not post sensitive information publicly as this Community can be accessed by anyone.

Thank you.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?