wondering if ID Mobile is intentionally rubbish or incompetent?

• 6 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I cancelled my contract with ID Mobile on June 23rd.
Since then, I have had to cancel my account a further 2 times - which joyfully included being told that I DIDNT actually cancel my account (despite having already set up another account with EE - so why would I do that, exactly?), and yet I am still receiving threatening emails from you about payments which should not have been taken from my account because I cancelled the contract.
Every time I have contacted you you have promised me the issue would be resolved in 2 days. IT'S NOVEMBER. ID MOBILE owes me money - and yet they continue to send threatening emails.
so, ID Mobile...What is it? Are you just really, really bad at running a company or are you intentionally trying to make my life harder?
Please sort this out before I escalate it.

4 replies

I also had the same sort of issue. I cancelled my account got another account with Vodafone so their was absolutely no usage on the idmobile number. Unfortunately I moved soon after and therefore assumed all was OK when I did not receive any letters.

I have called in several times to raise this and been told that they will investigate and call me back, this never happened.. Idmobile when we call into your contact centre and you commit to doing something we trust that you will. But now I cannot trust you at all, to me you are the most untrustworthy brand in the market.

I later realised that idmobile continued to charge me. I called to cancel again and then my account was sent into default by the system. It has affected my credit rating and had a massive impact way more than the £60 they say I owe. The whole experience has been really bad and I would not recommend idmobile to anyone. Terrible terrible customer service and without a care of the impact this can have on an individual.

This fills me with foreboding. I am going to end my contract at the end of its current run. I have tried texting the number give in the FAQ and It  doesn't go anywhere, so I think I will try phoning them and getting the process started now.

Thanks for the warning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This fills me with foreboding. I am going to end my contract at the end of its current run. I have tried texting the number give in the FAQ and It  doesn't go anywhere, so I think I will try phoning them and getting the process started now.

Thanks for the warning.

Hello @gummy1953,

You can get in contact with usand we’d be happy to process your disconnection for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @MrsPhillips,

This doesn't sound good and we're sorry for any inconvenience caused so far. We want to take a look into this further for you to have this resolved.

Please can you contact us directly so we can look into this further?

Thanks,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?