Question

Cap limit

• 15 May 2020
  • 3 replies

My ID app dashboard says that I have lots of minutes left yet when I try to make a call the phone says that I have exceeded my allowance, 

Also do the cap come into effect after your monthly allowance has been used as my dashboard says I have used 80% of my cap yet as previously stated I have about 200mins left.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Dave Bee 

The cap does not affect your monthly allowance. 

Have you recently changed plans? 

Aklima 

I have only had my phone less than a week and its saying I've used 80% of my capped data and it won't let me call out or send messages. Please help as this has to be something gone wrong on your end. My father pays for my contract and there is definitely money in the account but I have been blocked while in London alone for work and I urgently need my phone for call purposes. Please be in touch ASAP! Thanks! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Franb94 

If you have had a message saying you’ve used 80% of your data (or even 100% since your original post a few days ago by now), then that will be solely down to the data being used by your phone itself.

Even if you ran out of data though, you should still be able to make calls and texts providing you still have minutes/ texts left.

All your remaining allowances will be detailed in the iD Mobile App if you’ve registered and logged in there.

If you’re unable to make a call, then the two likely options are that you’ve used all your allocated minutes for the month -or- the number you’re calling is not a free to call number (i.e. an 0845 business number or something) and your Spending Cap set on the account is preventing you from calling it.

It might be worth looking at doing a Plan Change on your existing contract if you find yourself running out of data and minutes often, as that will work out cheaper than buying add-ons.
If the account isn’t in your name then we’d encourage you to have your father get in touch here or contact our Live Chat Team if he’s the named account holder.

Why iD Mobile?