Question

capped allowance

• 30 August 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a cap on my daughter's phone which should mean she can not go over £25. Well her current phone bill is £44 . This isn't the first time it's happened and my app tells me once she reaches her cap she can't use the services yet clearly they are charging extra. Difficult to contact them can't find a number on app and previously her bill has been £100 . Not happy at all.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @betheluned,

Have you gone into the app to confirm that the cap is set up?

If so, can you send us a screenshot of this here?

It's odd for you to be charged out of plan spend past the cap if one is in place.

Have you tried checking the bill to see what the additional charges are?

Please note, add-ons don't count towards the cap, the only thing that can be capped is "out of plan spend"

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I have contacted I'd and they can see the cap is in place and I have been incorrectly charged and all they can say is there must be a big on my cap. How ridiculous I am repeatedly been charged up to £100 because the cap is not working. I have been overcharged hundreds since contract started and tied into it until May. Would never recommend the company . Also it is near impossible to find contact details as I intend to take this further .
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi bethluned, we're disappointed to hear if there has been any issue with the cap but if the Customer Service Team have identified the problem, this will be fixed shortly.
We provide our app and website to allow any customer to monitor data usage along with the monthly bills and the current cap level.
-Phil
Userlevel 1
Im sure you understand my lack of faith in your company in believing it is sorted out because this is not the first time it has happened. I set up the contract with the cap in place. Within a few months it had been changed on your side not by myself to a cap of 75 pound. I had a few months of the correct cap initially so it was not set up by myself at 75 pound and I would never do that. £5 is the cap and it does say on the app that it is in place and texts are received with warnings but the data does not get switched off when the cap is reached. it is not my place to work out when my cap will be reached I pay for a service. I have the understanding that once the cap is reached then the data can not be used. Yet it does not cut off. It gets fixed for a few months and then i have problems with it again. It is unacceptable and should not be happening. And it should not be so difficult to sort out. And whether it gets corrected when I complain is not the point it shouldn't keep happening in the first place. I should be able to trust that the bill will not exceed the cap. Yet it does. Unfortunately a half hearted apology is not enough. Not once have I been offered a refund of the 100s of pounds I've overspend due to error on your companies part. Not even a sincere apology. Just a oh well it's been reapplied now. Nope not good enough!
Userlevel 1
I have a cap on my daughter's phone which should mean she can not go over £25. Well her current phone bill is £44 . This isn't the first time it's happened and my app tells me once she reaches her cap she can't use the services yet clearly they are charging extra. Difficult to contact them can't find a number on app and previously her bill has been £100 . Not happy at all.
Userlevel 1
My daughter had a £10 per month cap and the last months bill was £82.00 - ouch - i think this is called daylight robbery, and all the help lines seem closed in the evening - not sure we will stay with ID. Not happy at all in this house either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Im sure you understand my lack of faith in your company in believing it is sorted out because this is not the first time it has happened. I set up the contract with the cap in place. Within a few months it had been changed on your side not by myself to a cap of 75 pound. I had a few months of the correct cap initially so it was not set up by myself at 75 pound and I would never do that. £5 is the cap and it does say on the app that it is in place and texts are received with warnings but the data does not get switched off when the cap is reached. it is not my place to work out when my cap will be reached I pay for a service. I have the understanding that once the cap is reached then the data can not be used. Yet it does not cut off. It gets fixed for a few months and then i have problems with it again. It is unacceptable and should not be happening. And it should not be so difficult to sort out. And whether it gets corrected when I complain is not the point it shouldn't keep happening in the first place. I should be able to trust that the bill will not exceed the cap. Yet it does. Unfortunately a half hearted apology is not enough. Not once have I been offered a refund of the 100s of pounds I've overspend due to error on your companies part. Not even a sincere apology. Just a oh well it's been reapplied now. Nope not good enough!

Hello @betheluned,

This looks like something we would need to access your account to look into further.

If a cap was set up and applied, this should not have reverted automatically.

We would like to look into this further and ensure that any funds you have been incorrectly charged can be returned to you.

In order for us to do this, I have sent you a PM.

Please can you check your PM and we will pick this up with you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
My daughter had a £10 per month cap and the last months bill was £82.00 - ouch - i think this is called daylight robbery, and all the help lines seem closed in the evening - not sure we will stay with ID. Not happy at all in this house either.

Hey @sarah sarah,

To clarify, was the plan £10.00 per month a cap applied additionally to this? Or was the plan a different rate and a £10.00 spend cap applied?

Have you checked the app to see what shows for the spend cap?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?