Solved

Why can't we cap at £0?

Userlevel 1
Hello. I joined iD with the understanding that they allow capping, which I had with my previous provider as well. What they failed to mention is that it starts at a minimum £5 spend. I find this slightly odd and a little bit unfair.

iD - give us £0 capping (pretty please)!
icon

Best answer by Phil 27 April 2018, 13:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi HB88, the £5 limit is the lowest we can apply and we feel this is reasonable to give you the option to use chargeable services if required.

If you want to avoid incurring charges for exceeding your normal allowances, you can use the app to monitor and even choose a more appropriate plan if you regularly reach your limits.
-Phil
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the reply Phil. Respectfully, other providers allow for £0 capping, so isn't it more reasonable to give me the freedom to make my own decision about whether a cap at £0 is better for me, or whether I should move up a package (and pay you more)? I think that sounds more reasonable. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @HB88,

The £5.00 limit is the lowest we can apply the cap to on our plans.

Sorry about that.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thank you Mohammed for not being patronising like your colleague, Phil. I will try out this £5 cap and see if it works for me. I still recommend iD try not to make money out of their customers like this and allow them to cap at £0.
Userlevel 1
So agree on a zero cap required.
I have a daughter who uses data like water, even if I get here a good deal like 10G for £10 she still will end up using £15 a month for 10G as they charge something like £10 for 100m once your limit is up..

If this is fixed I would be happy to have all 3 of my accounts on ID for now you just got me 😃
I would like to make my daughters new 30 day rolling contract unable to go over the allowances set out in the contract. Please advise on how to set the spending cap at £0, instead of the £5 minimum allowed on the app.

Thanks,

Carl
This is the only fault on a good sim deal. I too feel cheated by this PUNITIVE charge. £5.00 for 100 MB is a total rip-off. Capping should start at 0.Do the right thing for your loyal customers and let them decide the limit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I would like to make my daughters new 30 day rolling contract unable to go over the allowances set out in the contract. Please advise on how to set the spending cap at £0, instead of the £5 minimum allowed on the app.

Thanks,

Carl

Hello @CarlP32, I've moved your topic here as the question has already been answered above.

Please use the search function before creating a new topic for an issue that has already been answered.

This is the only fault on a good sim deal. I too feel cheated by this PUNITIVE charge. £5.00 for 100 MB is a total rip-off. Capping should start at 0.Do the right thing for your loyal customers and let them decide the limit.

@Joeysil we've taken this feedback onboard already so I've moved your topic here also.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
just be thankful you aren't on virgin, the lowest cap they do is £50
Userlevel 1
just be thankful you aren't on virgin, the lowest cap they do is £50

Seriously I would vote with my feet and walk away from this kind of craziness.

Why iD Mobile?