National Joke Day Competition - Closed

National Joke Day Competition - Closed
Userlevel 8
Badge
Are you having a laugh?
Well, you should be. Because Friday 16 August 2019 is National Joke Day, the perfect time of year to tell your favourite joke. Post it below, and you could win one of two £50 prizes!
Even if it’s an old gag, it can still be a good one. But how old, exactly? Well, the world’s oldest recorded joke can be traced back as far as 1900BC. It was a saying of the Sumerians, who lived in what is now Southern Iraq, and believe it or not… it was a fart joke.

Here it is, but be warned, it hasn’t aged very well:
Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.

You probably had to be there, right?

So come on, surely you can do better! Post your best joke, and we’ll give 2 lucky winners a £50 Curry’s voucher. It will be selected randomly.

Over to you. Make your joke absolutely hilarious, but keep it clean and free of anything that could cause offense. Are fart jokes allowed, we hear you say? We’re not sure. You can risk it - or blow if off and choose another subject. It’s up to you.

Competition deadline is midday on 23rd August. The winner will be announced on this page, and we’ll also send them a private message with details of how and when they’ll get their £50 Curry’s voucher. T&Cs apply, and they’re not even the slightest bit amusing.

338 replies

Userlevel 3
Why are Pirates called Pirates????

Because they ARRRR...
😂😂😂
Userlevel 3
Knock, Knock.....
Who's there?
Eileen Dover.....
Eileen Dover who?
Eileen Dover your fence and broke it.....
Userlevel 1
What is invisible and smells of worms?

A bird’s fart.
Userlevel 1
I decided to sell my vac as it was only collecting dust.
Userlevel 3
Just burned 2,000 calories. That's the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.
Userlevel 1
My Dad has recently started going bald. I told him to draw a rabbit on his head, from a distance it would look like a hare!
When we board a plane, we probably are at least a little bit nervous. Even if we fly often and we know all of the stats on how safe it is to fly, we can’t help but be a little jittery. Every once in a while, however, something happens that makes us stand up and take notice of the situation we are in. That is what happened on this flight and the entire plane was afraid of what was coming next. Then a lone man spoke up from the rear and said the perfect thing to break the tension.

Shortly after a British Airways flight had reached its cruising altitude, the captain announced: “Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain. Welcome to Flight 293, non-stop from London Heathrow to New York.
The weather ahead is good, so we should have a smooth uneventful flight. So, sit back, relax, and… OH… MY GOD!”

Silence followed… complete silence!

Some moments later, the captain came back on the intercom.
“Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m sorry if I scared you. While I was talking to you, a flight attendant accidentally spilled coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my trousers!”

From the back of the plane, an Irish passenger yelled…
“For the luvva Jaysus… you should see the back of mine!”
..and the Lord said unto John "Come forth and receive eternal life"

But he came fifth and won a toaster.
I went to the shops yesterday to buy a camouflage jacket but I couldn't see one
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
How does Mario like his Pizza base?

With Nintendough.
Userlevel 1
Someone stole my anti-depressants. Whoever they are, I hope they're happy
Propaganda - When a cockney takes a really good look at something.

Brexit - What happens when an obese northerner sits on a plastic garden chair.
Userlevel 8
Badge
Thank you to everyone for taking part in National Joke Day Competition, we did have to delete a few inappropriate comments! However, we have picked @Jaiplum and @Captbirthday

Well done! You have a £50 Curry's voucher each.

You’ll receive an email today with all the relevant details.

A huge thank you to everyone who entered and shared a funny joke.

Keep an eye out for next month’s competition 😁

Thanks,
The iD Mobile Team

Why iD Mobile?